Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Tube Doors?

Old 07-23-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like my warrior doors.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by jgarner

The OR-Fab doors are top notch and rattle free on the toughest of trails.
They look great painted to match.....
Old 07-23-2009, 08:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Definitely want to go with the OR-Fab from our buddy serveapurpose when we are ready for them They look awesome painted/powdercoated!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am running the Warrior Product Tube Doors and have had no problems with them. The only down side is the the mesh is extra.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 PM
***erator

Originally Posted by bikerglen
I have the Rancho tube doors. I use the Mopar mirror and bracket that mounts to the windshield for a mirror when I go doorless or use the tube doors.

I think they look cool, but I don't think I would purchase tube doors if I had to do it over again. I feel like I'm getting into the tea cups at disney world with them. I'd rather just ride without doors entirely or have used the ~$300 toward a set of factory half doors (fingers crossed).

On the plus side, they did save my carbon fiber downhill bike helmet from rolling out of the passenger floor board and on to the asphalt once when I took a corner too fast. That incident alone saved me the cost of the tube doors.
Off the subject. If you ever come to Las Vegas make sure you check out Bootleg canyon in Boulder City. Some of the sickest down hill riding you will ever get a chance at. Alot of all mountain riding too.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:57 PM
***erator

Default paint

I know I am being lazy but I will ask anyway. Can you order the doors color matched or did you have that done yourself? (ok i didn't read the second page of the post or I would have seen that every one else was asking about the color.)

P.S I think out 4 doors look better with the door surrounds taken off when the doors are removed. Don't know if you know that they come off.

Last edited by lv jk; 07-23-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:09 AM
JK Newbie

Just replying to the post above about bootleg canyon and cycling.
It is top notch.
I go to Interbike every September and ride there.

Sorry for the hijack
Old 07-24-2009, 08:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lv jk
I know I am being lazy but I will ask anyway. Can you order the doors color matched or did you have that done yourself?
That's actually a great suggestion for OR-Fab! Hey serveapurpose how bout asking if that's possible?
Old 07-25-2009, 07:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by blazer4949
Have Best Top element doors. OK, but step on front doors shown in their pictures not on
JK doors. They look good but do rattle somewhat as expected.
I've got these doors as well and got rid of the rattle by placing a closed cell foam pad and some velcro between the dash and the spacer for the stock mirror.

I also bought the storage bags which needed reworked so they lined up properly. The supposed internal arm pads are a joke and when I get some time I'll rework those as well.

In all I can't say that I am disappointed but of all the tube doors I've seen out there none are what I would call a premium product.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by JPop
... In all I can't say that I am disappointed but of all the tube doors I've seen out there none are what I would call a premium product.
That's a rather wholesale damning of the entire product group, and makes me wonder exactly what your complaints were about specific products. Is it in fact a quality issue, or a feature issue, or some combo of both? Have you, indeed, been able to inspect all brands of available doors? Personally, I think my OR Fab doors are very well built and great looking--but maybe they're just not your cup of tea. I've not looked very closely at any other brands, so can't say one-way or the other whether they have problems (though I know that at least a couple of the companies do have problems with other products that I could easily see flowing over into their tube door lines).

Quick Reply: Best Tube Doors?