Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Tube Doors?

Old 05-10-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Tube Doors?

Spring is here and I am looking to lose the doors. I've seen pics of some great tube doors on the forum before. Anyone have any sugggestions including prices? Aftermarket side mirrors?

Anyone wish they had not ordered tube doors? Just think that they look cool and serve as some protection on the road. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:42 PM
JK Freak

I have the Rancho tube doors. I use the Mopar mirror and bracket that mounts to the windshield for a mirror when I go doorless or use the tube doors.

I think they look cool, but I don't think I would purchase tube doors if I had to do it over again. I feel like I'm getting into the tea cups at disney world with them. I'd rather just ride without doors entirely or have used the ~$300 toward a set of factory half doors (fingers crossed).

On the plus side, they did save my carbon fiber downhill bike helmet from rolling out of the passenger floor board and on to the asphalt once when I took a corner too fast. That incident alone saved me the cost of the tube doors.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Have Best Top element doors. OK, but step on front doors shown in their pictures not on
JK doors. They look good but do rattle somewhat as expected.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got my Warrior tube doors delivered. Haven't drove with them on yet but, they are quality and fit great. Got them delivered to my door for $250. I prefer riding with the doors off but, the wife likes the more secure feeling that these provide.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Appreciate the replies. I did check out the doors and for $300 not too bad. Does anyone know if Rubiman is selling his doors? I sent him a pm but haven't heard anything.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

I have the warrior doors....one of them rattles but I think I can solve it....on the other hand Ive lived with it for almost 2 years now so I don't imagine I will tackle this problem anytime soon....ya and they werent cheap..$500 delivered but I probably do it again...
Old 07-23-2009, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rebel Heart
Spring is here and I am looking to lose the doors. I've seen pics of some great tube doors on the forum before. Anyone have any sugggestions including prices? Aftermarket side mirrors?

Anyone wish they had not ordered tube doors? Just think that they look cool and serve as some protection on the road. Thanks.
I got the Rancho tube doors. Easy install, high quality, no rattles. I used the mirrors off the factory doors. I'm very happy with them.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:05 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

A bit dated thread, but just in case anyone is searching I decided on the OR Fab doors. Very high quality, no rattles. I'm quite pleased.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

those r sweet Mark
Old 07-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by DBFunJK
I have the ORFab rock doors. I did a lot of research on these because I didn't have much money to spend and I liked the fact that ORFab had everything included in their price. Many of the other companies had their map pouches and stuff as separate items.

DB
Dont forget that ours easily adjust so no rattle, also they are functional on the trail offering great visibilty through the front portion of the door.

Quick Reply: Best Tube Doors?