Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best top windsheild channel screws snapping?

Old 04-27-2008, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best top windsheild channel screws snapping?

So I started assembling the clamps for my windshield channel for my bikini top tonight and as I was screwing some of the screws into the locking nuts I snapped 2 of the heads right off the screws. There was barely any resistance before they snapped. i was quite shocked. Anyone else have this issue? It isnt that big of deal, I am just annoyed I have to run to ace for 2 screws tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
So I started assembling the clamps for my windshield channel for my bikini top tonight and as I was screwing some of the screws into the locking nuts I snapped 2 of the heads right off the screws. There was barely any resistance before they snapped. i was quite shocked. Anyone else have this issue? It isnt that big of deal, I am just annoyed I have to run to ace for 2 screws tomorrow.
THE SCREEWS DIDNT SNAP. BUT I HAD TO GO GET SOME LOCK NUTS FROM ACE . THERE MUST BE A SHORTAGE OF STEEL IN CHINA.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

yup, I posted this problem in another forum. I found two of the nuts on the passenger floorboard. I would have never known if the nuts fell out of the Jeep. Could have been bad if the top flew off.

I e-mailed Bestop and they sent me a complete set of replacement parts.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Yup, I snapped a couple doing the same thing. Call bestop they will send new ones. I called them after bending a machine screw while installing my flex-a-trunk. They sent an entire hardware pack overnight express. Good customer service.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default took care of it

i just went to ace today and got a few extras just in case this happens again.. Its just down the block so i figured this was less of a hassle than calling / emailing them and waiting for them to be delivered so I could put a simple but crucial piece together.

Quick Reply: Best top windsheild channel screws snapping?