Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best top safari, windjammer, and deck cover questions

Old 06-10-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best top safari, windjammer, and deck cover questions

Please be patient, as I am new to posting. I currently run a safari top, deck cover, and windjammer(not wrap around version) on my '07 JKU. I live in Rochester, NY where they say... if you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes it'll change. My issue is specifically with the windjammer. In a downpour and even showers with the wind blowing just right, The whole rear of my JK gets soaked inside. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this without buying a wrap-around version and having to jerry-rig it to the JKU (since one is only make for the JK 2-dr).

Thanks ahead of time.

P.P.S. i'de like to add that this site is awesome. I've been an outside looking in for a while. and have used this site to purchase and/or fix items on my JK
Old 06-10-2009, 08:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Probably no way because of all the seams. We had a one-piece Bestop Halftop on our TJ and it never leaked - but it was all one piece.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I tried something with mine last summer and I need to pull it out again...

I found some black canvas while my wife was at the local hobby depot, so I bought a few yards. I cut it to fit the gap between the wind jammer and all the way around the door surround. Then I put velcro on the inside of the door surround and the inside of the wind jammer, and matched it up with some velcro on the canvas. It still wasn't perfect, but it kept the back seat mostly dry, which is way better than the 4" I had in the tub the first time I left the wind jammer on in the rain.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Well, Looks like i'll have to create something amazing to contend with the other awesome write-ups. appreciate the feedback guys!

Quick Reply: Best top safari, windjammer, and deck cover questions