Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Top 2 Piece Soft Doors

Old 03-11-2014, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Top 2 Piece Soft Doors

Ok so lately my driver has not been wanting to close but it would after a few times of trying to close it it will shut. Well the other day me and a friends met at waffle house before going wheeling and when i got out i tried to close the door and it would not close so after a 5 min or so i finally gave up and took it off until i came back out and tried again for about 10 min looking at it trying to figure it out. Well that didn't get anywhere so we decided to push it shut then zip tie it shut for the rest of the day. So then the next day i washed it and when i was done i cut it back open and tried to figure out what the problem was. When i had the door of you can close the latch by pushing on the pin that goes through the plate to hold it closed. So I'm thinking that pin is bend so today i was i tried to put it back on and by doing the same thing i would do when the door was off (i just messed with it today cause it has been 75 here so i have been running doorless). I can't get it to lock back in when its on. So I'm debating of taking it apart and put it in the vise and bend it or is there more things messed up and i should just get a hole know latch from best top? So i guess my question is has anyone else had this problem and if so how you fixed it. Thanks for your responses in advance.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry I can't help(and I don't want to get off topic) but since you own these doors and I'm about to pull the trigger on these tomorrow for my 4 door......., if you had to do it all over again would you buy them again? I hear people love them BUT I also hear how much they flap and closing sometimes a pain..... Question do the Pro's out weigh the Cons?? Thx
Old 03-11-2014, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Sorry I can't help(and I don't want to get off topic) but since you own these doors and I'm about to pull the trigger on these tomorrow for my 4 door......., if you had to do it all over again would you buy them again? I hear people love them BUT I also hear how much they flap and closing sometimes a pain..... Question do the Pro's out weigh the Cons?? Thx
Its all good dude. Personally i would get them again i like them this is the first problem i have ever had with them. They do flap bad when the windows are up but if they are down they don't flap one bit and i run 80 with them down the interstate so they aren't to bad. They will let water in if they are not on good so long as you take the extra time to make sure they are good before washing or rain they are fine. I even like them better then my hard doors because they come off so easy and i like taking the doors off every chance i get. I also really like how they go to half doors so easy and one more plus is if your big like me they give you more leg room on the inside so to me they are completely worth it.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet .... Thanks for your time.... Ordering tomorrow....
BUMP FOR THE OP..... And his question/concern
Old 03-11-2014, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I use these doors and haven't ran into that problem. Post a pic and ill try and help ya out. Is the soft door latch not mating with the door striker ?
Old 03-12-2014, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by loserhead4236
I use these doors and haven't ran into that problem. Post a pic and ill try and help ya out. Is the soft door latch not mating with the door striker ?
i will post a pic when i get home later. And i think thats the problem
Old 03-12-2014, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok thanks to everyone that replied i figured i would try and bend it and that fixed it the pin was bent like i though
Old 03-12-2014, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump, one of the coolest guys on this forum!

Quick Reply: Best Top 2 Piece Soft Doors