Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best tires and price

Old 04-10-2011, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best tires and price

Hey guys!
I was just wondering how much you paid for quality tires...37s? 35s?
Thanks!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

By quality, you mean paying more for a big name, right? And best for what? And what price range? And type of tire?

No one here is going to have a clue what is best for you - unless maybe you want to give a little more detail.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

So to be more specific what is the best AT and MT "package." i want tires that will take me anywhere Off road and still be functional on road.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got Cooper STT's and love them. I use them on the road 90% of the time but they have never failed the other 10%. I use them on trails and mud but have never used them in the rocks. I've got 35x12.50 and paid $248 a tire with free shipping from discount tires direct.

Last edited by Rexlba; 04-10-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

while we're on the subject, who has the best prices?
Old 04-10-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rexlba
I've got Cooper STT's and live them. I use them on the road 90% of the time but they have never failed the other 10%. I use them on trails and mud but have never used them in the rocks. I've got 35x12.50 and paid $248 a tires with free shipping from discount tires direct.
Great goodto know!... Do you wish you would have gotten 37s? I am stuck between 35s and 37s?...do u think they would do well on rocks?... Or does anyone know a tire that is functional on road/mud/rock.... Doesthis kind of tire excist?
Old 04-10-2011, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DTH6

Great goodto know!... Do you wish you would have gotten 37s? I am stuck between 35s and 37s?...do u think they would do well on rocks?... Or does anyone know a tire that is functional on road/mud/rock.... Doesthis kind of tire excist?
I would always want to go bigger. Haha. Didn't want to upgrade axles though. I've heard mixed reviews on them with rock climbing. Not to many rocks in S Fl so i haven't used them in that capacity.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

You can get a killer deal on Falken WildPeaks/Rocky Mountains from Discount Tire. I got my Duratracs (35's) from them and they were about 220 a piece. I think you could get some new 37" Falkens for about the same price if I remember right. They were running a deal not too long ago. Both tires get good reviews across the board for being good both on and off road.
Better factor in a regear though, especially if you have a slush-box transmission.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeeprin
You can get a killer deal on Falken WildPeaks/Rocky Mountains from Discount Tire. I got my Duratracs (35's) from them and they were about 220 a piece. I think you could get some new 37" Falkens for about the same price if I remember right. They were running a deal not too long ago. Both tires get good reviews across the board for being good both on and off road.
Better factor in a regear though, especially if you have a slush-box transmission.
Hmm what size rims?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rexlba
I've got Cooper STT's and love them. I use them on the road 90% of the time but they have never failed the other 10%. I use them on trails and mud but have never used them in the rocks. I've got 35x12.50 and paid $248 a tire with free shipping from discount tires direct.
do they wear really fast on the newer jeeps? i had a set on my tj and i probly lost over half of my tread in less the 10,000 miles. so i was weary of getting stt's again!

Quick Reply: Best tires and price