Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Swing Away Bumper and why?

Old 06-14-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Swing Away Bumper and why?

I have read quite a few threads on the swing away bumpers everyone is purchasing and installing and before I do the same I was hoping to get the forum's opinion.

Please respond with which product you think is best and why;

THANKS!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

pictures don't do justice. I have seen a few and I like the LOD. I am waiting to see the Shrockworks rear but it still is on hold. waiting is killing me.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive waited so long to see the shrokworks rear, ive just decided to purchase it no matter what.

no complaints with the front dont expect any with the rear!
Old 06-14-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

I went with the Expedition One Rear Bumper it's coming next week, and getting installed at the same time as my other mods, so I can't comment on it from an in person perspective yet, but what sold me on it was the fact that the tire carrier was integrated into the factory tailgate and they open as one. It's pricey for sure, but the styling looked like it would match up with the AEV front I ordered, and the integrated tire carrier just put it over the top as the one for me.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:58 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm planning on getting the RockHard. I just installed the new RockHard front bumper and PowerPlant today an I'm going to install the Rockhard Rocker Guards tomorrow. The quality of these products is fabulous; the welds, the fit and the finish are great. I have never seen a bumper tire carrier for a JK (only pics) but have seen them on TJ's and really like them; as do their owners. I need a setup that can carry extra fuel and water too and the RockHard has that available.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the mopar one , and so far I like it.

Quick Reply: Best Swing Away Bumper and why?