Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best for stock 2011 2dr Rubi.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best for stock 2011 2dr Rubi.

I'm planning on changing my front and rear bumpers and adding a winch, either the 8k or 9k Warn. My question is what can I do to avoid loss in height besides a lift? Can I just add stiffer springs or is there something better? I'm torn on keeping her in the garage or just lifting her and losing the space. Ideas or suggestions??
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 PM
JK Newbie

I have an '08 2dr Rubicon, after installing bumpers and winch my front end sagged pretty bad. Paid $107 for a pair of the stiffest front springs from the dealer and they leveled the Jeep out perfectly. I left everything else stock for two yeaars. The ride remained as good as stock in the front and a little soft in the rear.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:33 AM
JK Junkie

Not a bad way to go. The part numbers are buried in this long thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...+stock+springs

You'll probably want 19 fronts, 60 rears. I ordered my fronts from Wyckoff Chrysler.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

I believe if you do not put on a lift, even a small one, that you are going to see spring sag eventually. The new aftermarket bumpers and winch place a considerable amount of weight on the OEM suspension, versus the OEM plastic bumpers and no winch. The OEM bumpers are a piece of junk anyway, so just go ahead and do the mods if it's in your budget
Old 03-01-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tslewisz
Not a bad way to go. The part numbers are buried in this long thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...+stock+springs

You'll probably want 19 fronts, 60 rears. I ordered my fronts from Wyckoff Chrysler.
Sweet! Thank you sir! Now after reading the thread, it'll be ok with both the fronts to have 19's and the rear to have the 60's without s slight lean or anything of that nature?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DirtyDi
Sweet! Thank you sir! Now after reading the thread, it'll be ok with both the fronts to have 19's and the rear to have the 60's without s slight lean or anything of that nature?
When you say "lean", do you mean "rake", as in a rear-up, nose-down attitude? If so, I don't really know...it will depend on the weight of your bumpers/winch, etc., and it can be tuned out with small coil spacers.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tslewisz

When you say "lean", do you mean "rake", as in a rear-up, nose-down attitude? If so, I don't really know...it will depend on the weight of your bumpers/winch, etc., and it can be tuned out with small coil spacers.
Well, the thread you directed me to states that original parts are that one side is a bit heavier due to the gas tank on one side so the bigger # coils should go on that side, the right, I believe. If that's the case, I would assume it might lean... as far as the front/rear lean, I hadn't thought of that. Coil spacers, huh? Thank you again!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Junkie

Some Jeeps have heavier springs on the right, some come with the same part. I put 2 #18's on the front of mine and can't see any lean.

Quick Reply: Best for stock 2011 2dr Rubi.