Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

best stinger/brawler bumper

Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I ordered my PSC Brawler Lite today. I thought I want the style with the tubular gussets. I was told those tubes are very small and several people who bought those wish they would have went with plate style gussets. So I went with plate style.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Favorite!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-456531943.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	246219   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2888959804.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	246221  
Old 12-06-2011, 03:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

what is the complete name of this bumper is this bumper i want ! and do you get that at northridge and how much you paid if you want to tell of corse thanks !
Old 12-06-2011, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ride2099
what is the complete name of this bumper is this bumper i want ! and do you get that at northridge and how much you paid if you want to tell of corse thanks !
If you are asking that question to me it's the poison spyder BFH bumper with the tube gussets. The picture above is from a custom build at Sema show. Northridge4x4 has it for $602. http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail....PS-17-59-010-B
But you will need to call David to order because the tube gusset option isn't on their website.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-11-19 at 11.32.58 AM.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	246230

Overkill engineering!!!!! a little on the expensive side though
Old 12-06-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

woww insane ! zombie worthy
Old 12-07-2011, 02:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

does anyone know HD custom llc bumper ?!? I just found ther product but can even reach anybody to answer my question and get price !!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

PSC great Photos for peeps to ref. for install! Wonder if setting up a page for pics like this for install to give guys a ref on what needs to be done and how. Or a build thread on your site?..just thinking out loud or with key strokes

Could have a link for instructions with ref photos, i know there is some in the instructions, but full color and maybe tip treads just for the product will help others jump on pulling the trigger for the bumper. I am sure for some of the new guys our there, the thought of "Cutting" up their baby is a bit daunting. But its cake and most just need a bit of confidence to pull out the grinder!

I did find lots of write ups on here and i think there was also one on Utube, but it did take a few hours/days with work and fam. to find all the information.

Just a thought to improve an already legit product line

Originally Posted by DTS
You begin by removing the "Crash Bar":

Then you place your cut mark:

Rock and roll with your favorite cutting tool:

Here's what it looks like after the cutting, and cleaning up with a grinder or flap wheel (make sure to paint the bare metal before installing the bumper:

Those are the broad strokes. Our instructions can be downloaded in PDF format from the product's information page on our website, or you can just CLICK HERE for the front BFH, or CLICK HERE for the Rear BFH.

They're very different bumpers. The BFH is very simplistic, designed for high clearance in rockcrawling, low weight. The Brawler Lite is wider, fits on the frame rails without cutting (and therefore not quite as good on the approach angles), but it has a more refined appearance and recessed fog light mounts. Please feel free to check out our website, we've got tons of info and photos on both bumpers.

The RockBrawler is our BIG, bad, brute of a bumper. It is the reason the Brawler Lite gets the "Lite" in its name. I'm not sure where you're looking but we've got tons of photos of the RockBrawler. Here is the product information page for it. Below the product description should be a slide show from our image gallery for the RockBrawler. If the slide show isn't loading, you can just go right to the image gallery by clicking here. Hope this info is helpful.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

if i go with bfh bumper and cutting frame does my jeep still legal and still have waranty and if i selk my jeep in couple year us that legal to sell it with frame cutout ?! cayse cutting is not a problem its more for legal aplication cause i use it as my daily driver !

Quick Reply: best stinger/brawler bumper