Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best steering link set up?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKDakotaEd
EVo makes a sector shaft brace, but fair warning, it won't work with the TF drag flip and frame brace.
Thanks this is the kind of stuff i needed to know
PSC Extreme hydro setup, Currie tie rod, Reid Racing Knuckles, Dynatrac ball joints, drag flip setup, that's just a few suggestions. I know there are some pretty sweet setups on here all done different ways with diff components.

Originally Posted by planman
X2

For the Dana 44 or 30, there is nothing even close to the beefiness of the Currie drag link and tie rod.

I run the PSC hydro assist kit. Unless you are running 40s, get the trail and street kit. The only difference between it and the extreme kit is that it comes with a 1.5" diameter ram instead of a 1.75" ram. The response off the larger ram is too slow for smaller than 40" tires and leads to "wandering" on the highway. I bought the extreme and am about to switch out the ram for the 1.5" because I do drive on the highway.

Off Road Evolution makes the only sector shaft brace I am aware of that is not custom built.

Then, you want a weld on replacement bracket for the axle side trackbar relocation. I'd ask Currie what they recommend for running their drag link flipped with hydro assist and Reid knuckles.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
i am running a PR44 unlimited with 5:38's and rubicon locker with stock axles on 37's.
i think the axle side track bar mount is ok on that axle. but i am worried about the frame side track bar mount and want to run the TF brace and drag link flip. i also want to run a bigger tie rod Currie or teraflex i dont care. i wanted to run a sector shaft brace with all of this as well i just don't know if all of this is compatible.

the hydro assist is defianatly in my future.

as far as the knuckles go what is the benefit and what weakness do they correct? i am not familiar.
thanks for all the help so far
Old 05-16-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2

For the Dana 44 or 30, there is nothing even close to the beefiness of the Currie drag link and tie rod.

I run the PSC hydro assist kit. Unless you are running 40s, get the trail and street kit. The only difference between it and the extreme kit is that it comes with a 1.5" diameter ram instead of a 1.75" ram. The response off the larger ram is too slow for smaller than 40" tires and leads to "wandering" on the highway. I bought the extreme and am about to switch out the ram for the 1.5" because I do drive on the highway.

Off Road Evolution makes the only sector shaft brace I am aware of that is not custom built.

Then, you want a weld on replacement bracket for the axle side trackbar relocation. I'd ask Currie what they recommend for running their drag link flipped with hydro assist and Reid knuckles.

great.. i ordered the extreme kit for my jk... psc told me with a 4dr and 35's, poss larger down the road to use the extreme kit... guess ill find out how flighty it is..also OP i run the currie steering parts and there super beefy!!! i dont think anyone makes stronger ones.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rinkishJK

great.. i ordered the extreme kit for my jk... psc told me with a 4dr and 35's, poss larger down the road to use the extreme kit... guess ill find out how flighty it is..also OP i run the currie steering parts and there super beefy!!! i dont think anyone makes stronger ones.
I'm running the PSC extreme kit on my 2dr with 35s and it's not that flighty at all. I ordered it because I will be going to a larger tire combo very soon as well. I think you will be happy either way. The hydro steering does take some getting used to though, in a fun way
Old 05-16-2011, 02:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the PSC extreme kit on my 2dr with 35s and it's not that flighty at all. I ordered it because I will be going to a larger tire combo very soon as well. I think you will be happy either way. The hydro steering does take some getting used to though, in a fun way
Maybe flightly as the wrong way to describe it. What actually happens with a larger ram is that it is slower to respond 2 steering input than the smaller ram. This requires some getting used to 4 tires smaller than 40 inches.

With 40 inch tires it is not as much of an issue and the steering is pretty much seamless. However, this winter when I ran my 37s, the slower response was annoying for highway travel because I had to react to the slower response with steering wheel input.

The smaller ram is more than sufficient for 35s or 37s.

Ahh ok you and planman made me feel a lil better.. Either way I'll deal with it!! Lol

The reason I ordered the setup is I have play in my box, and it's leaking. Didn't think I'd be making this jump now, but I'd rather do it once.

Quick Reply: Best steering link set up?