Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best stabilizer?!

Old 04-17-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by big dr
You want to permanently solve the problem?,,,,, Hydro assist!
Money would solve my problem

I was going to get the Bilstein SS but after reading all this it doesnt seem like it will make that much of a difference for me.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After wasting money on stabilizers on a previous jeep or two, I've found that the factory one is the best one to use.

TB spacers and fancy stabilizers take $$$ from other worthy projects (IMO).
Old 04-17-2014, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fox ATS is the best stabilizer out there. Don't knock it 'till you try it. /thread.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
I've read about the Fox ATS. It looks awesome and it seems like people really like it, but it has a hefty price tag for a SS, like $330 or so.
You have to look at it this way. The ATS "kit"
Raises it over the tie rod and replaces the tie rod clamp. Then add the through shaft design and adjustability.
A track bar bracket/Fox 2.0/tie rod clamp cost almost as much.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Fox ATS and it was the biggest waste of money I have spent on my Jeep. Yeah, I said it. Overpriced and overhyped. Sure it is adjustable and looks great, but in have a suspicion that if dialed in at a higher number it will stress the steering box even more than it already is, especially with larger tires. I'm not doubting that some guys love it and it's made a difference for them, but for me it's hardly noticeable. I wonder if some of the guys running this has other issues that were helped by switching to this SS? It can definitely smooth things out and tighten up your steering "feeling" if dialed up. I don't know, but I had no issues before with ball joints, track bars, etc before switching and I felt 0% difference going from the stock SS to the Fox ATS. I guess that's where me theory comes from. YMMV.

Last edited by Mello03; 04-18-2014 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:42 AM
JK Newbie

Fox ats is the way to go
Old 04-18-2014, 02:43 AM
JK Junkie

Default Best stabilizer?!

@ mello

A negative ^ there's one lol

Without looking. 2 door or 4 door? Lifted and how much?

Last edited by kjeeper10; 04-18-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Me on the other hand did find a difference on the fox ATS. I have 33x12.5R20 on and after having ball joints and SS replaced luckily under extended warranty at 40K I decided it was worth to upgrade the SS. found a NIB in the forum for $250 so I had to get it. On highway driving the steering vibration is gone and when going over bumps the steering shutter is gone completely not to mention the steer feels tighter not loose like before. So if I had to do it all over I would get a ATS no questions asked.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:56 AM
JK Junkie

Seems 2 door guys will benefit more, especially lifted. Ride is subjective anyways, type driving and road conditions play a big part.
I agree, it's not for everybody. If one has the means, DIY assist cost under $400
Old 04-18-2014, 03:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
@ mello

A negative ^ there's one lol

Without looking. 2 door or 4 door? Lifted and how much?
Yeah, I'm THE one haha. 2 door lifted 2.5. I mean yeah if you dial it up you can get some shimmy worked out, and I guess it will help bump steer somewhat. My beef is that it is lacking that "bang for the buck" factor. Some people are proclaiming it to cure cancer and raise MPGs . I'm sure for some guys it has helped, but my question is are there other factors that were there? Is it masking a potential problem on the rise or something else? And there's the steering box I'm worried about too. I am sincerely glad everyone raves about it, but I just don't see the praise that's all.

Quick Reply: Best stabilizer?!