Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Sliders

Old 12-12-2011, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The PSCs' can take a good beating. I was hung upa good sized boulder and had the whole weight of the Jeep on the drivers side rail. These took it all.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the ACE rock rails and they work very well except for one thing, they flex into the pinch seam. That's about 3/8 to 1/2 inch of flex. I'd add the rubi rails to protect the seam.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Default Just Sayin' :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AScCg_Kl9wQ Consider ours for:
-fitment
-USA made
-weight savings (only 90lbs for a complete JKU set)
-and energy absorbing/deflecting engineering.

Last edited by Nemesis Industries; 12-12-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nemesis Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AScCg_Kl9wQ Consider ours for:
-fitment
-USA made
-weight savings (only 90lbs for a complete JKU set)
-and energy absorbing/deflecting engineering.

Where do they mount to?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

just because it's my favorite video ever, and it has some awesome rock slider on rock noises

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41MosH4TS68 and the ace mount to the frame; but again since most people find they flex a little, having the rubi rails under there is a good idea. I think most any of the rock sliders will work well, save for the smittybuilt (seems to be the only brand that people actually replace after installing)
Old 12-12-2011, 08:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the ACE rails on my rig accompanied with some take-off Rubi rails. The look and protection is great. Here is a testimonial thread on them. Oh yeah, they have a lifetime trail damage warranty too.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ACE-rock-rails
Old 12-12-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmick33
Where do they mount to?
Watch the last portion of this video. Love this sliders. Wish I saw these before I bought mine.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-videos...up-truck-build
Old 12-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
I'm running the ACE rails on my rig accompanied with some take-off Rubi rails. The look and protection is great. Here is a testimonial thread on them. Oh yeah, they have a lifetime trail damage warranty too.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ACE-rock-rails
That's what I plan on running
Old 12-12-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what about the smittybilt ones I love mine they mount to body mounts underneath
Old 12-12-2011, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers, and I am pretty sure they are forged in the depths of Mordor by bacon eating cherubs. They are so well built, strong, and look great. They also have a step that runs the entire length of the body. When I was looking, I wanted a step as well as a lot of rock protection. These have that all covered. They are mounted to the body armor as well as the body mounting point on the chassis.

After having them on for a few months, I think the only thing I am not so sure about with these - as well as any other slider that can be used as a step - is how useful the step really is. Most all of the rails that have something to step on are all at about the same height - right about where the body sheet metal bends under. If the step was any lower, it would really lower your clearance. With the step being at that level, it makes it pretty uncomfortable to be used as a step. When you stand on the step, it puts you up pretty high, and you have to really bend over to get inside the vehicle. I end up stepping over it to get in. To get out, I put a foot on it to push myself away from the vehicle as I get out.

It was really a concern for my girlfriend, which is why I wanted something with a good step. She has to lift her leg up so high to get to the step that it is not real comfortable to use, so she gets in pretty much the same as when we had the stock Rubi rails.

It seems for a step to be real useable, it needs to be lower than the standard location. However, when it is lower, you are losing ground clearance, which is not a winner either. If someone could make an easily removable "stirrup" that could lower down (like the snap down steps I recently saw for stock setups), that might be the winner for us.

However, even with the step not so usable, we love these rails. They saved me from a major side bash with a tree stump a couple of weekends ago. Scratched the rail, but that is about it. Love these Brawler Rockers!

Quick Reply: Best Sliders