Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best short arm kit

Old 12-13-2013, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maertz
except you wont see me switching to them or ever paying for any of there products...
Spoken like a man in his twenties! Wisdom comes with experience and replaces pride trust me.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rsbmg
Spoken like a man in his twenties! Wisdom comes with experience and replaces pride trust me.
but i want my pride...forever....even if my work sucked complete ass id rather do it myself and have the pride than have someone else do it. how else will i get better and gain wisdom?
Old 12-13-2013, 05:09 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

They are a nice joint but not so much that everyone needs to go out and replace theirs. I run 4 different joints on my rig with no issues.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maertz
but i want my pride...forever....even if my work sucked complete ass id rather do it myself and have the pride than have someone else do it. how else will i get better and gain wisdom?
And props for that for sure!

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
They are a nice joint but not so much that everyone needs to go out and replace theirs. I run 4 different joints on my rig with no issues.
Well yea I don't know that I would throw a perfectly good joint in the trash but maybe I would after some
Old 12-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rsbmg
I think it depends on where you/how you wheel. a True 2.5'' lift is probably not going to be ideal if you are blasting across the desert hitting whoops (I don't mean full on trophy truck or coilover suspension so lets not get to crazy). You need the uptravel. Likewise if you are wheeling big rocks you need belly clearance or you are just going to sit there high centered. I am of course keeping the discussion to a production vehicle with off the shelf suspension. This could go all kinds of crazy. We build for the terrain we are on, or we should. I'm not saying the LCOG approach is not a great idea I'm just saying it has limitations that I have experienced and or seen.
Good points. However, no one would run a bolt-on short arm kit (the topic of this thread) for desert running.

Still, a 2.5" lift with 1.25" extended bumpstops has more uptravel than a 4" lift with 4" extended bumpstops.

I like go-fast rigs though. I race a stock class Ford Ranger at out local short course track every summer.

Quick Reply: Best short arm kit