Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best short arm kit

Old 12-13-2013, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The MC fenders allow more up travel than traditional flat fenders.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GJeep
The rear track bar spoils directional stability, for instance.
The problems that elevating it creates, and the possible solutions, had already been discussed here.

Any long-travel shock, if re-valved similar to the 6-Pack shocks, would behave the same with the MC coils.
A shock does nothing more than resist the coil compression / de-compression.

Please explain how do the MC fenders influence their suspension.

This will never end... There fenders are the only fender to allow full uptravel of there system (without making some) This is all dependant on many variables though. So in reality, most of the mc kits are arent using all the travel, and can be matched with a good 12" or 12.5" travel shock set up.

Last edited by Maertz; 12-13-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKred
Care to elaborate on what exactly the trackbar "spoils"?

Without MC shocks, and MC fenders, the MC "kit" is no more or less a performer than synergy or RK.
I guess it depends on how you define "performer". At the end of the day we all have our opinions hence we all have different jeeps and likely use them for different things and can afford or not afford certain modifications. Luckily there are choices available for us all.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
Are you running the mc kit? or at least rode in a vehicle with one?
What's your point ?
Old 12-13-2013, 11:44 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by GJeep
What's your point ?
not you, didnt i quote the guy who posted above you? if not my bad. my point is if he has neither there lift nor rode in one hes just another guy going of something he read and essentially in my eyes not giving and good personalized review or feedback. He seems all for there kit and only there kit id hope he owns it or at least rode in it or else im throwing on my confused face.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:49 AM
JK Jedi

I'll try to help everybody out if I can. My buddy in myrtle beach has a RK kit on 37" terras. I have the MC gamechanger on MTZ 37". We will both drive and ride in them and post up opinions. As for flex, I already know mine will go further since I have the 16" 6 packs and PSC flares and he has standard travel shocks. Would that be useful? sent from my work leash
Old 12-13-2013, 11:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by v8zracer260z
The MC fenders allow more up travel than traditional flat fenders.
There's no shortage of fenders that would allow MC travel. Saying that only the MC fenders allow the travel is stretching it "a tad" too far.
I have a Full Traction 4" lift and stock fenders. It seems that there will be room for 2" more flex.
If not, there're quite a few options, starting with cutting the stock ones.

Last edited by GJeep; 12-13-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:53 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by mattgt5
I'll try to help everybody out if I can. My buddy in myrtle beach has a RK kit on 37" terras. I have the MC gamechanger on MTZ 37". We will both drive and ride in them and post up opinions. As for flex, I already know mine will go further since I have the 16" 6 packs and PSC flares and he has standard travel shocks. Would that be useful? sent from my work leash

no............
Old 12-13-2013, 11:56 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by maertz
not you, didnt i quote the guy who posted above you? If not my bad. My point is if he has neither there lift nor rode in one hes just another guy going of something he read and essentially in my eyes not giving and good personalized review or feedback. He seems all for there kit and only there kit id hope he owns it or at least rode in it or else im throwing on my confused face.
ok........
Old 12-13-2013, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh more fun in this Chat!

Quick Reply: Best short arm kit