Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Shocks???

Old 11-15-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Bilstein 5100s and dig them. If you want best of best, I'd look at the higher end Bilsteins, Kings, or Fox
Old 11-15-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no "Best" shock. What is your budget? What kind of suspension are you running? What are you planning on using your Jeep for? These are all questions you need to ask yourself prior to buying a shock, and will help determine the best shock for your needs.

If you are just driving to the mall you don't need a $250 remote resevoir shock, but if you are going to be running high speeds off-road you won't be happy with a $50 off the shelf shock.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:57 AM
JK Freak

I'm am running a 4in BDS lift, sitting on 38's. Look at spending around 800$ and I drive highway 90% of the time and rarely drive high speed off road no faster than 35mph.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Lomax-dtl
I'm am running a 4in BDS lift, sitting on 38's. Look at spending around 800$ and I drive highway 90% of the time and rarely drive high speed off road no faster than 35mph.
Based on what you ahve descirbed you won't see any advantave by getting anything nicer than a properly tuned Bilstein 5100 for about $90 per shock. Just because you can spend more to get remote resevoirs,, larger shock bodies, etc... doesn't mean that you will ever see the benefit of the added expense.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Lomax-dtl

Check out our new monotube shock for the JK. A few things that make them stand apart is the fact that we offer our 90 day risk free trial offer and our lifetime warranty. If you aren't happy return them for a refund. I just did the JK Experience with these and they were great. Firm and responsive.
http://www.gorancho.com/shocks.php?shock=RS7000MT

Poser shot

Trail shot

Old 11-17-2011, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your looking for the "best" just spend a lot on the kings and say you got the best because they are the most expensive. That aside i guess the kings are backed by some great off road tech. So is fox, and practically everyone else.

Quick Reply: Best Shocks???