Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Shocks???

Old 11-14-2011, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Shocks???

I just had 4wheel parts replace my control arm bushings. They also told me my shocks need to be replaced so Im going to buy some when i get the money saved up. What are the best shock for my Jeep?
Old 11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What is your budget?
Lots go from "inexpensive" to off the charts.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

What are the prices on the higher end ones?
Old 11-14-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of people run Bilsteins and Old man Emu. I definitly got better performance from my bilsteins. Expect to pay about 80ea retail. Keep in mind there a few companys on here helping use out with pricing! They are really easy to install yourself and save a bunch of money.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blue project
A lot of people run Bilsteins and Old man Emu. I definitly got better performance from my bilsteins. Expect to pay about 80ea retail. Keep in mind there a few companys on here helping use out with pricing! They are really easy to install yourself and save a bunch of money.
Which Bilsteins did you get? and I'm going to change them myself so i don't have to pay the extra money
Old 11-14-2011, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

There are the stock length ones and the 5100 series for the lifted jeeps. I'm running the stock length ones. Give Dave at Northridge 4x4 a call and he can tell you what the best ones are for what your wanting to do.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

"Best" is too subjective on this site.. I have run OME, Bilstein 5100's and Rancho 5000 and 9000.. I have liked each. prices range dramatically. You have already received a few good tips, Rancho stated a valid question.. A good thing would be to reach out to a shop that truly has your best interest in mind and knows the JK.. My signature says who I trust along with another post. However, posing that question here will get you many answers to get your mind swirling. I think the OME and Bilsteins are great for the average lifts 2-4 inches and daily driver. However the rides are totally different rancho has an adjustable for a good price and good quality, Sorry Rancho, I wasn't a fan of 5000s. Again its subjective.. I would suggest David @ Northridge 4x4 for quality input. It all depends on what your use is and desired ride. Too many variables. My two cents - I would buy Bilstein's many times over, i like the smooth firm ride on my JK. On my TJ, I would continue OME due to soft plush ride for short wheelbase.. Good Luck in your search
Old 11-14-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

BDS sells fox racing shocks. Best shocks hands-down. Better feel on road and great all around performance. No shock fade.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red Stinger
BDS sells fox racing shocks. Best shocks hands-down. Better feel on road and great all around performance. No shock fade.
Just put these on a few weeks ago and love them! They even say Fox 2.0 Fox shocks at less than 1/2 the $
Old 11-15-2011, 03:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you are considering Fox, you may want to look at Elka and King as well.

Quick Reply: Best Shocks???