Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best shocks for 1-2" Lift

Old 02-15-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also I know a local guy who installed the Rancho R9000x adjustable with wireless controller on his JKU. I havent been in his rig but he told me at low settings it rides like a minivan. Most importantly, he said it was wife approved. They were running a deal awhile ago where if you bought 4 shocks you got the wireless controller for free.

Rancho is also an active member on here and have heard they have good customer service.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horrocks007
Fox doesn't make shocks for anything less than 2.5" of lift for the JK.

Go with Bilsteins.

Oh ya I forgot about that, thanks bro. But I think if he's at 2 inches it'll be okay, maybe loose a little up-travel haha.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bilsteins yellow and blue heavy duty for jk are rated 0-2 inches of lift. Have them on mine with factory replaced 18, 59 coils and it rides and feels great.. Much improved ride for all conditions. I think they are 1400 series. They were longer and beefier than stock springs. Same as rubicon in size.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The King OEM option is also very interesting. Altough I don´t want to know what this would cost till I have this stuff in germany.......

I also heard this morning from an interesting new AEV kit. It´s a 2,5" complete kit from AEV with Bilstein 1500 shocks. Might be also worth a try.

As I´m coming from germany we don´t have so many possibilities. Also US lift kits cost twice as much here. Then everything you put on your car must be road legal with papers from the authorities.
And for lift kits this is only a handful........
The german Eibach kit is a bit different than the US kit. Got red stiffer springs. Should have 30mm of lift. But as the springs are stiffer you actually gain a lift of around 2" . Some people even say 2,5"
I think it also depends of your JK setup. 4d, 2d, gas , diesel, ´hardtop.... and so on.
I have to measure what will be the lift with my rig.
2012 4d Rubicon Unlimited with softop and diesel engine.

And then I´ll have a tought on how to continue.
As reading through the post here I think most people favor the Bilsteins. As I said the new AEV kit is very interesting and I will check the OEM King shocks or better say check the price till they are in germany.

Quick Reply: Best shocks for 1-2" Lift