Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best seat covers to guard against salt/sand?

Old 07-24-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best seat covers to guard against salt/sand?

Wondering what the best seat covers for sand/beach driving would be. Need to keep the salt and sand off the leather seats (the wife just HAD to have leather seats).

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brikino
Wondering what the best seat covers for sand/beach driving would be. Need to keep the salt and sand off the leather seats (the wife just HAD to have leather seats).

Thanks in advance.
Although I don't have them, I've heard coverking neoprenes are good. I have thought about getting them because I also have leather, but ended up deciding against it. From what I've heard, the leather is pretty tough in the Jeep and I do some sand/beach driving.

have you noticed it wearing on your seats?
Old 07-24-2013, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

I purchased the neopreme Coverkings and love them! No matter how hot it gets you just jump right in. Only problem I've encountered is because I choose the bright yellow inserts, they show the dirt. Had the headrests emboidered and they look awsome.Click image for larger version

Name:	P5030031.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	481498Click image for larger version

Name:	P6190045.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	481499
Old 07-24-2013, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gibsonfirebird12
Although I don't have them, I've heard coverking neoprenes are good. I have thought about getting them because I also have leather, but ended up deciding against it. From what I've heard, the leather is pretty tough in the Jeep and I do some sand/beach driving.

have you noticed it wearing on your seats?
Haven't taken the Jeep out on the beach yet, but will be starting next month. Trying to be proactive - our 4Runner seats paid the price for not having seat covers on them probably thanks to the nieces and nephews sitting on them while still wet
Old 07-24-2013, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by topbanana
I purchased the neopreme Coverkings and love them! No matter how hot it gets you just jump right in. Only problem I've encountered is because I choose the bright yellow inserts, they show the dirt. Had the headrests emboidered and they look awsome.Attachment 481498Attachment 481499
So that's two good reviews for Coverkings. Good to know they're good in the heat too. Anyone have experience with Wet Okole vs Coverkings? Seems like same material, but cost is different - one fit better than the other?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had poor experience with Cover Kings. Mine faded out from black to purple in 3 months. My wife's lasted about a year before the stitching started coming apart. Cheap seatcovers won't last. Wet Okle is in a whole different league. I'd throw a towel over the seat and call it a day.
If you really want covers, shell out for Trek Armor, marathons, or wet okle.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have Marathon covers and love them. They aren't neoprene, they are made from cordura nylon. Very resistant to abrasions and doesn't absorb water at the surface like neoprene.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I dont know what brand I have but neoprene is what I have and I live on the beach. Quadratec has a special going now for neoprene covers. Had hem for several season and so far so good!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by topbanana
I purchased the neopreme Coverkings and love them! No matter how hot it gets you just jump right in. Only problem I've encountered is because I choose the bright yellow inserts, they show the dirt. Had the headrests emboidered and they look awsome.Attachment 481498Attachment 481499

How long have you had them? you'll have to update us on whether or not you have stitching/seam issues.

While fading after a year is definitely unfortunate, I wouldn't consider it a reason not to buy them as long as they still did the job. Stitching seems like a serious issue.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Former Member

If you have the money, check out Trek Armor seat covers.

Quick Reply: Best seat covers to guard against salt/sand?