Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best roof rack system for ARB tent

Old 12-26-2011, 09:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Markdsv
Hi all, got the ultimate Christmas present, the ARB Series III rooftop tent
Great looking tent! I see on the ARB website the tents come in different sizes, which one did you get?

Last edited by Durangoman; 12-26-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

How hard is it to remove these tents from the vehicle. The reason I ask is because I do a lot of weekend trips and need something I can put on Friday and take off Sunday. Also are there any racks that can be taken off the same way. I'd like to be able to mount a rtt to both a trailer and the jks roof depending on where I am going. Ex. Most of the time I'd like it to be on the trailer so I can enjoy the top down and nothing above me, but when I go to certain beaches they prohibit trailers so I'd have to have a roof top tent.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:01 AM
JK Freak

Hi Redman, I have the MBRP roof rack and as the ARB RTT fits with 6x bolts/nuts directly on the roof rack rails I don't think it is too bad to take off. It is a little awkward to get to some of the nuts but still. I used my hard top lift to put the tent on top, no problem at all, I am even thinking of leaving the RTT on and remove it with my roof rack and hardtop in one go (if I want to put the soft top on.

Basically you have to loosen 6x nuts to take the RRT off.

To be honest I don't feel too much difference with the MBRP RR, ARB RTT as well as my highlift between my roll bar, doesn't roll too much, ok it's not a racer but I am happy to keep it on and use it as my daily drive. Indeed a trailer would be better but dragging a trailer through the jungle (mud mud and more mud) is a definite no go.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Markdsv
Hi all, got the ultimate Christmas present, the ARB Series III rooftop tent even arrived at my doorstep (Brunei) on Christmas eve.....

Fantastic tent, it is a direct fit on my MBRP roof rack having the 'rails' 76cm apart (MBRP must have had this in mind) all fits very nicely, definitely recommendable !!! next is to get wifie in it for a spin

Happy Christmas and all the best for the new year !!!

I am looking at doing the same setup. But I have a question. Is there enough room on the extension for a small basket? Could you give me some measurements of how much room is left after the art tent.. Thanks
Old 04-04-2014, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default Sharpwrax

Click image for larger version

Name:	3fum.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	543140
Click image for larger version

Name:	oenl.jpg
Views:	230