Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Roof Rack

Old 05-31-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I like the MPRB rack, and if I had a hardtop, I'd def get it.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lone Wolf 87
Yeah I like the MPRB rack, and if I had a hardtop, I'd def get it.
X2

In fact I am getting one put on my hardtop later this year. They just now are producing it for the 2011. Can take as much as around 700 lbs.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

The way they bolt to the hard top makes it look like they came from the factory.

But I made my decision and I'm pulling the trigger and ordering the Gobi rack... just waiting for my check to clear.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

The way they bolt to the hard top makes it look like they came from the factory.

But I made my decision and I'm pulling the trigger and ordering the Gobi rack... just waiting for my check to clear.
Lone Wolf, I am thinking of doing the same, do you think that with a stock suspension that there is much of an issue with roll or sway? 150 pounds up on top with 2 fiberglass kayaks (about 45 pounds each) thats an additional 240 pounds. Im wondering if I need to get some stiffer shocks. I have a stock JK Wrangler 4 dr. Any one else with some input? Dont mean to take over your thread...
Old 06-08-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default roof rack

no brainer. MBRP. but it will cost ya.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK Jeepster
Lone Wolf, I am thinking of doing the same, do you think that with a stock suspension that there is much of an issue with roll or sway? 150 pounds up on top with 2 fiberglass kayaks (about 45 pounds each) thats an additional 240 pounds. Im wondering if I need to get some stiffer shocks. I have a stock JK Wrangler 4 dr. Any one else with some input? Dont mean to take over your thread...
Jk Jeepster - It's all good! You actually brought up a good point as I didn't even consider rolling or swaying while driving. I've been reading around and haven't seen this brought up. I don't know if it's b/c it's a non-issue, or b/c everyone has modded rigs. Worse comes to worse, if no one chimes in about it, I'll let you know first hand when I recieve mine in about 3 -4 weeks.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Alright got some good/bad news. Bad news is that I cancelled my order. Good news is that I'm putting that money towards other things such as a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift kit, a Poison Spyder evap canister skid plate, and other essentials for offroading!
Old 06-19-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Lone Wolf...
Why did you cancel your order? I am about to order mine, and want to make sure you didn't uncover an issue I'm missing?
Thanks
Brodbeck
Old 06-19-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cbrodbeck
Lone Wolf...
Why did you cancel your order? I am about to order mine, and want to make sure you didn't uncover an issue I'm missing?
Thanks
Brodbeck
No issues at all! I did my research and IMHO the Gobi roofrack without a doubt is the best roof rack out there. The only reason I canceled was b/c I was going to put the money toward other parts such as a lift kit, armor and some other dress up items. I ride the beginner/ intermediate trails in Raush Creek, PA and don't really need a roof rack yet. I was putting my money into something I didn't need just yet b/c I don't go camping (yet) or have a kayak (yet) haha. So that's my reason for canceling. For the price you get a roof rack, a free ladder and a free windscreen How can you beat that?!?
Old 06-20-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Are there any roof racks out there that will allow me to use my sun rider while still keeping the rack on my jeep? For the money I know that Gobi is the most expensive one out there, but from what I've seen, it was the best.

I have a 2010 2dr Rubicon with a soft top btw.
I have the Garvin Wilderness rack which is the only one I could find that allows the rack to be tilted back. Here is the link http://wildernessracks.com/jeep_exp.html

Doug

Quick Reply: Best Roof Rack