Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best riding 3.5-4" lift spring

Old 03-24-2015, 10:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
Try lowering your psi to 28. Drop brackets relocate your front control arms down from the frame minimizing the angle of travel, bringing it closer to stock, which could soften your ride.
Whenever my psi gets below 31psi the warning light in the dash starts blinking. Plus, wouldn't you get horrible gas mileage running this low all the time?
Old 03-25-2015, 05:12 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by whisps1
Whenever my psi gets below 31psi the warning light in the dash starts blinking. Plus, wouldn't you get horrible gas mileage running this low all the time?
Every tire will be different, depending size, manufacturer and model. My 37" GY MT/R's ran best at 30 psi, my 37" BFG Baja T/A's are at 26 psi. The only way to see what pressure you should be running at is to chalk test your tires.

To correct the TPMS warning light you need a programmer to either change the pressure that the warning will activate, or to disable the system altogether.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

My dealer lower my warning light trigger to 28psi. He said thats as low as he could set it. I ended up getting the Procal unit from AEV.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Bought mine used w basic Rubicon Express 3.5 w Bilsteins. Upgraded all components plus some w Synergy but kept RE springs/shocks. Although ride greatly improved it wasn't perfect on bumpy roads (commute 2.5hrs). Then replaced springs to Synergy w Rancho 9k. Major improvement. I bet if I would of only replaced shocks it would of helped. I say this because as I test the shock settings it can range from rigid to Cadillac plush.

Many say lowering tire pressure helps. For me anything under 32 feels sluggish. In summer I run up to 36 and springs/shock absorb all small bumps perfectly.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dlampe
My dealer lower my warning light trigger to 28psi. He said thats as low as he could set it. I ended up getting the Procal unit from AEV.
I have the Procal, I didn't know it could do that.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WranglerJA
Bought mine used w basic Rubicon Express 3.5 w Bilsteins. Upgraded all components plus some w Synergy but kept RE springs/shocks. Although ride greatly improved it wasn't perfect on bumpy roads (commute 2.5hrs). Then replaced springs to Synergy w Rancho 9k. Major improvement. I bet if I would of only replaced shocks it would of helped. I say this because as I test the shock settings it can range from rigid to Cadillac plush. Many say lowering tire pressure helps. For me anything under 32 feels sluggish. In summer I run up to 36 and springs/shock absorb all small bumps perfectly.
Been hearing good things about the Ranchos, I may have to give them a try!
Old 04-02-2015, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

One thing that drastically improved my ride was switching from an 18 inch wheel/tire to 17, the increased sidewall made my ride a lot better. I run the 3" EVO plush rides and fox shocks, rides great.

Last edited by jeepfan30; 04-01-2016 at 01:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Best riding 3.5-4" lift spring