Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best riding 2.5" spring and shocks for a JKU?

Old 09-18-2020, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best riding 2.5" spring and shocks for a JKU?

I know rough country gets a bad rap - but does the 2.5" kit ride decent? Bought this JK with damage from an accident.. had rough country 2.5" springs and shocks. One front spring is bent and shock damaged. By the time I get done buying a new pair of front springs and all new shocks I might as well buy the 2.5" kit. Then I started looking at other kits....

Or is there other kits that ride better for similar price? I literally just need springs and shocks. JK already has aftermarket upper/lower arms, adjustable track bar, dropped brake lines, etc. Looking for a soft ride - wife will be driving it alot.

Hardtop with aftermarket front/rear bumpers, 35's with cut factory flares. I like the look - 2.5 is a good height for it.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:56 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by zrtman
had rough country 2.5" springs and shocks.
JK already has aftermarket upper/lower arms, adjustable track bar, dropped brake lines, etc.
Just verifying that this is correct. Previous owner went with the cheapest 2.5" lift on the market, then spent money on a full set of aftermarket arms and trackbars? (all adjustable, correct?)

RC is good about warranty replacements. Give them a call and see if you can talk them into sending you some free stuff. If you are paying, personally I'd choose another brand for coils and shocks. Just do a little reading to get an idea of the actual lift height you might end up at, as you may need to adjust a set of arms, both trackbars, the links, whatever else. As a suggestion, you could do worse than MetalCloak 2.5" coils paired with their Rocksport shocks.

Last edited by nthinuf; 09-18-2020 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I am assuming they started with a cheap lift then added arms, track bar, sway disconnects, 1 ton linkage, etc at a later date.

Quick Reply: Best riding 2.5" spring and shocks for a JKU?