Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Ride Spring options

Old 05-11-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by roxbury29
Just recently swapped my AEV Leveling kit.
For a Synergy Suspension 2" lift. and Bilstein 5100's ! Much better ride than stock. 110% improvement
Just checking - you had stock springs with AEV 2" lift/leveling kit, and now you have Synergy 2" springs all around instead?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HankFard
Just checking - you had stock springs with AEV 2" lift/leveling kit, and now you have Synergy 2" springs all around instead?
^ yes, I removed the stock sport shocks and AEV shock brackets and AEV spacers and replaced them with
Bilstein 5100's ( rated for 2-3" lift ) and Synergy Progressive springs.

Huge improvement on the way it rides and handles!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. I have a 2" spacer lift kit now with stock springs. I added Bilstein 5100s and like that improvement. I have been interested in replacing the stock springs and 2" spacers, retaining the bump stops etc that I already have, and go with either 2" or 3" springs instead. Probably would get new longer brake lines while I'm at it. I also have adjustable UCA and LCA all around. Comments?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even the best shocks and springs will still ride rough with heavy M/T tires ...
Old 05-11-2013, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HankFard
Thanks. I have a 2" spacer lift kit now with stock springs. I added Bilstein 5100s and like that improvement. I have been interested in replacing the stock springs and 2" spacers, retaining the bump stops etc that I already have, and go with either 2" or 3" springs instead. Probably would get new longer brake lines while I'm at it. I also have adjustable UCA and LCA all around. Comments?
^ you should have no problem with front brake likes, rear just brakeline extension braket needed.
Also, you are right about the bilstein shock !! big improvement over stock. the Synergy Progressive springs seem to feel much more stable that
the stock springs - great combo.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
Even the best shocks and springs will still ride rough with heavy M/T tires ...
I have that going with the JKS 2" springs and the Kings Compression Adjusters shocks. Really thinking that my Energy Control Arm
Bushings are such a tight fit that its giving me the harder ride, with the 35" Kevlar M/T's

Adjustable control arms with Johnny Joints is next on my list
Old 05-11-2013, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by XTZach

This is exactly my point, even the best coils will ride bad with cheap shocks. If you're unhappy with your suspension really sit back and think about the way a suspension works. The springs are the "muscle" of the suspension, where as they support the vehicle and hold everything together. While the shocks are the "brains" they control the way the Jeep reacts to bumps and jounces. They are what really makes or breaks a suspension system.

I hope this explains some for you guys. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

-Zach
If coils are the muscles, then the shocks would be tendons and ligaments.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:31 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JK Inspired
If coils are the muscles, then the shocks would be tendons and ligaments.
You could look at it that way too. I never claimed to be a doctor, well maybe not a people doctor. I guess you could think of me as a Jeep doctor.

-Zach
Old 05-13-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by XTZach

You could look at it that way too. I never claimed to be a doctor, well maybe not a people doctor. I guess you could think of me as a Jeep doctor.

-Zach
It's all good, doctor.

Quick Reply: Best Ride Spring options