Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Ride Spring options

Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChesterJFK
I have the pro comp stage 2 4" with the cheaper shocks and rides like crap. Installing some fox or bilsteins and putting the synergy drag link flip to get rid of the bump steer. Will be doin the flip kit first so ill let you know how it turns out, and also when I do the shocks. Heard that pro comp COILS aren't too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
I had that kit on my 2010 jku and I was disappointed. The rear springs bowed and the front sagged. I was much happier with my full traction I had on my 12. I hope your experience is much better.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My pro comp isn't sagging at all in the front and rear springs look good. Happy with flex and offroad but just the shocks need to be changed. Getting some noise from the front end going to re check all the torques on the bolts. Only 25k km o it so far. Wish it had adjustable LCAs tho. Eventually upgrade to rock Krawler or similar.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Check out the EVO plush ride coils

Sent from my carrier pigeon
Old 05-09-2013, 12:20 PM
-

I have the EVO plush ride coils and they are GREAT. very nice ride.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Synergy 3" progressive

Just swapped my Terraflex for synergy what a IMPROVEMENT!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:24 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ChesterJFK
I have the pro comp stage 2 4" with the cheaper shocks and rides like crap. Installing some fox or bilsteins and putting the synergy drag link flip to get rid of the bump steer. Will be doin the flip kit first so ill let you know how it turns out, and also when I do the shocks. Heard that pro comp COILS aren't too bad.

This is exactly my point, even the best coils will ride bad with cheap shocks. If you're unhappy with your suspension really sit back and think about the way a suspension works. The springs are the "muscle" of the suspension, where as they support the vehicle and hold everything together. While the shocks are the "brains" they control the way the Jeep reacts to bumps and jounces. They are what really makes or breaks a suspension system.

I hope this explains some for you guys. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

-Zach
Old 05-10-2013, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know I was just stating what ride I have. I know it's the shocks. Coils are fine from pro comp, lot of people say there good. Shocks will be changed as well as a drag link flip and everything should be good.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

So are you suggesting I upgrade my RC shocks to Bilstein's firet to see if it rides better before swapping springs?

Sent from my NOTE II on Sprint using JK-Forum
Old 05-10-2013, 01:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBeast
So are you suggesting I upgrade my RC shocks to Bilstein's firet to see if it rides better before swapping springs?

Sent from my NOTE II on Sprint using JK-Forum
My first lift was RC 2.5 Coils w/ Rc shocks. Swapped out the harsh RC shocks for Bilstein 5100's, was a HUGE improvement. Might try that before swapping your coils.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just recently swapped my AEV Leveling kit.
For a Synergy Suspension 2" lift. and Bilstein 5100's ! Much better ride than stock. 110% improvement
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130428_131351_342 2013 april no top jeep email.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	456536  

Quick Reply: Best Ride Spring options