Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Reprogrammers???

Old 12-08-2010, 02:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBruce
Flashpaq Superchip used it and it helped immensely.
x2
Old 12-08-2010, 04:22 AM
JK Junkie

The flashpaq is the way to go if typical bolt ons such as a CAI and exhaust are what you have in store for your JK. If you have an automatic, Superchips is also well ahead of DiabloSport in that arena. If you are considering additional bolt ons such as long tube headers which will require a special tune, the Diablo Predator is the way to go although you need to keep in mind that there will be third party fees to have a tune made for your specific vehicle.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had all 3.

Procal - This was the first one I got so I could fix my speedo and shut of TPMS. There are a few other features but nothing to make your engine run better. However, fixing you speedo makes the shift points go back to where they are supposed to be so it does feel like some tune has been done even though there hasn't been.

Max Energy - I bought this becasue Superchips didn't support the 2010 model at the time and the eta was unknown. I used it in conjunction with the Procal because it didn't have all of the features of the Procal such as shutting off TPMS. I ran the 87 tune for about 5 tanks and "think" I noticed a bit of a difference but overall nothing spectacular. I started getting about .5 to 1 mpg better fuel economy. Again, nothing to write home about

Superchips - I got this when they began supporting the 2010 models. i was able to return my Max Energy for a full refund as it was within the 30 day return policy. When I got the Superchips, I also sold my Procal unit as the Superchips contained all of them (nice to have one unit for eveything). With Superchips, I have adjusted my speedo (nowhere near as accurate as the procal unit however), shut off TPMS, and have run every tune they have. I have settled for the 91 tune as it gives a great balance between power and gas savings. I am probably seeing around 1.5 to 3 mpg savings depending on the type of driving I am doing. It is hard to not stomp on the gas as the power difference is noticeable.

Overall, I am very happy with the Superchips. It does eveything in one unit and has features the others don't have. Still haven't run it while off-road to see how 4-hi lockers work because I haven't been in a situation where I need my lockers without being in 4-lo. Maybe when the snow comes!

Also, one cool feature I just used (and I think Procal has it too) is the ability to adjust your revs for things like air pumps when airing back up. Set my rpm's at 1000 and it cut the time down on my portable air pump when going from 12psi to 26 psi by about 30 seconds per tire.

Finally, while I'm sure advanced tuners like the Diablo allow you to do this, the only programmer I mentioned above that allows you to manually adjust your shift points is the Superchips. It's an extra $50 or so for the tune to download. I have not used it but I remember seeing a thread on it somewhere here.

You can find the Superchips right now from JKF sponsors for about $299 shipped and get a $25 rebate...or something like that.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

With Superchips, I have adjusted my speedo (nowhere near as accurate as the procal unit however)
x2 on this, I had the same experience with them. (It was mentioned/asked on the superchips forums, and the answer from them was just a run-around.)
Old 12-08-2010, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Hey thanks everyone you've all been very helpful now its just time to make a decision.

Quick Reply: Best Reprogrammers???