Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Reprogrammers???

Old 12-07-2010, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Reprogrammers???

So, I recently put 35" tires with a 4" lift on my jeep. My problem is i need to reprogram my speedo and at least try to get better performance and "better gas milage" but that would just be a bonus. I know superchips makes one and so do a few other companies. I just don't know enough to make an educated decision on this so if anyone can give me some insight on one that will provide the best bang for my buck that would be great thanks!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Programmer - AEV ProCal
Tuner - Superchips Flashpaq
Old 12-07-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

The AEV Procal is good for speedo changes but Superchips does that along with much more.. Im saving up for Superchips, havent heard one bad thing.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for some insight. Also, has anyone heard about the Hypertech max energy power programmer????
Old 12-07-2010, 07:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

All 3 have lots of threads on them, a quick search will give plenty of feedback. But, start on the mfg's websites for all 3 so you can see all of the functions for each, and decide which would be the most use to you.

And contrary to what Tgoods said, the proCal has a ton of functionality. The only thing it doesn't do is let you 'tune' the performance. (least expensive, great 'bang for the buck'!!)

I have never used the Hypertech, but from what I have read, the Superchips gives slightly better performance gains between those two tuners.

Diablo is the other tuner you will see, and is sold with both the Avenger and Ripp superchargers. I haven't read a lot about it, but it sounds like you may need 'custom' tunes to use it?? (or maybe it just allows the use of custom tunes?)
Old 12-07-2010, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Flashpaq, can't remember now why I bought it over the Hypertech.
It seems to work, but the biggest single improvement for performance was regearing.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
All 3 have lots of threads on them, a quick search will give plenty of feedback. But, start on the mfg's websites for all 3 so you can see all of the functions for each, and decide which would be the most use to you.

And contrary to what Tgoods said, the proCal has a ton of functionality. The only thing it doesn't do is let you 'tune' the performance. (least expensive, great 'bang for the buck'!!)

I have never used the Hypertech, but from what I have read, the Superchips gives slightly better performance gains between those two tuners.

Diablo is the other tuner you will see, and is sold with both the Avenger and Ripp superchargers. I haven't read a lot about it, but it sounds like you may need 'custom' tunes to use it?? (or maybe it just allows the use of custom tunes?)

I was just trying to be helpful. I am not very familiar with the AEV Procal but I jsut wanted to throw the name out there to help out.

Edit: I actually havent heard anything bad about any of them.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unless someone has owned and operated more than one of the programers available, the best one in their mind is the one they bought. As nthinuf said, find out what each can do and get the one that fits your needs. Don't expect more than 3 or 4% increased hp from any of them and that would be with premium gas at higher rpms. The biggest advantage with all of them is the ability to change for tires, gears, and better shifting. mpg improvements are minimal at best.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Flashpaq Superchip used it and it helped immensely.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

superchips

or

diablo

and nothing else

Quick Reply: Best Reprogrammers???