Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Rear Bumper (under $600)

Old 02-10-2010, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Capndik
I stand corrected; you're quite the gentleman. Your point is both valid and eloquent. I can only hope to someday be the man you are today.

That aside... Where in Florida do you live? I found stock bumpers in Tampa, Orlando, and Miami for less than $100.

Unfortunately, I just gave mine away, otherwise I'd give it to you for shipping.
OK......please post links to these.

Searches for "jk rear bumper" in Orlando, South Florida, and Daytona Craigslist reveal only one in Hollywood (way to far) for $100, and one in Melbourne (best possibility) for $100.

I would appreciate you posting links to the several bumpers for "under $100" that you have found. Perhaps you are looking on other sites, not just Craigslist Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07armygreen
OK......please post links to these.

Searches for "jk rear bumper" in Orlando, South Florida, and Daytona Craigslist reveal only one in Hollywood (way to far) for $100, and one in Melbourne (best possibility) for $100.

I would appreciate you posting links to the several bumpers for "under $100" that you have found. Perhaps you are looking on other sites, not just Craigslist Any help is appreciated.
Orlando seems to be the worst city in Florida for finding used JK parts! The one that was there the last time I looked was actually $100 for the front and rear together. (And I'm not even seeing it right now)

But finding one close to you isn't as important as finding the average price of a "local replacement." You're looking to get an upgrade, right? Tell your dude that you can get a take-off bumper for $100 and the LP bracket from the dealer for $65. Round that up to $200 for your time and trouble, and get the loot from him. Apply aforementioned cash to your new upgraded bumper, and Blammo, problem solved!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I already did just that yesterday.

I just wanted to see you put your money where your mouth was with all these free bumpers. I guess we see how that worked out.

Last edited by 07armygreen; 02-10-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

You're unbelievable, man.

It's not really my job to do all of your legwork to keep you from ripping off your friends, is it? I searched 4 Florida cities on Craigslist two days ago, before you said you were in Orlando, and found multiple bumpers for less than $100.

It's also not my job to monitor the entirety of the internet to prove to you that people give away bumpers all the damn time. I have a bumper sitting in my dining room that was given to me for free by a forum member in MD last month. It has a dime-sized dent in it, but It's not a huge deal, since I was drilling it out for a backup camera anyway.

Go tell your good friend that $600 is the "buddy" price and go grab yourself something from Quadratec.
I was completely wrong in my assessment of you from my original post; you've shown what a great friend you are to have.

Last edited by Capndik; 02-10-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's not really my job to do all of your legwork to keep you from ripping off your friends, is it? I searched 4 Florida cities on Craigslist two days ago, before you said you were in Orlando, and found multiple bumpers for less than $100.
Again, $165.60 is NOT a ripoff. It's the price of the parts as cheap as I can find. You started off saying that you EASILY found all these "FREE" bumpers on Craigslist........but now that was "two days ago."

It's also not my job to monitor the entirety of the internet to prove to you that people give away bumpers all the damn time.
True. Its not your job. But, don't be pissed when someone simply asks you to post the links to what you say you have found. I don't care what's in your living room. YOU SAID YOU FOUND THEM FOR UNDER $100 ON CRAIGSLIST............POST THE LINK......that's it.

But, you shouldn't call people names b/c they can't find a free bumper INSTANTLY. I will be going out of town and want to get this done.

I was completely wrong in my assessment of you from my original post; you've shown what a great friend you are to have.
I don't care. My assessment of you if that you are the type of forum member I always try to steer clear of (unless in A&E.) You call people "dirtbag" and pass your judgement on there situation with family/close friends, instead of just being helpful and replying to WHAT IS THE BEST REAR BUMPER UNDER $600?

BTW- just curious........DO YOU HAVE AN AFTERMARKET REAR BUMPER?

Is the title "WHAT IS YOUR ASSESSMENT OF MY SITUATION, LIFE, AND GENERAL OPINION ON HOW I HANDLE A VERY CLOSE, OLDER FAMILY FRIEND (WHO I AM BEING 100% TRANSPARENT WITH ABOUT EVERYTHING) HITTING MY JEEP HARD POST-SUPERBOWL?"

No, it's not. Calling me names IS being a troll. Then, in an attempt to get something positive I ask you to post the links that you are so baffled that I don't know about......and...............they have magically disappeared.

So now, instead of a cool thread where JK'ers are posting what they've done with there rear bumpers (for under $600.) We have this crap.

Last edited by 07armygreen; 02-10-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Free:

front bumper with fog holes & hook cutouts & rear bumper here in Western NY nearly new, probably storage scratches on both, you pick 'em up, they're yours.

Probably to long of a drive for you, so i would suggest to watch the freebies here, people give them away constantly. a lot wind up throwing them out because they can't give them away.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

BTW- anyone else who is tuned in................

I'm still scouring around looking for used aftermarket bumpers. Maybe new if a good deal. Also, interested to see some more members rides rears and any likes/dislikes you have had with them. Post up.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Free:

front bumper with fog holes & hook cutouts & rear bumper here in Western NY nearly new, probably storage scratches on both, you pick 'em up, they're yours.

Probably to long of a drive for you, so i would suggest to watch the freebies here, people give them away constantly. a lot wind up throwing them out because they can't give them away.
Thanks, happy. Yeah, that's going to be a bit far. But, I appreciate the help, I'll keep looking.

ALSO, I do have my old stock FRONT, will be posting in for sale/wanted. I would love to find someone who wants to trade. Or I may just try to get $50 out of it, and put that $$$ towards the new rear.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a PJ with swingaway. I would buy it again.

the bumper itself goes for around $500 i think, plus the clevis mounts if you want them.

Quick Reply: Best Rear Bumper (under $600)