Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best quality most affordable 2.5" lift

Old 08-28-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm kinda torn between the Teraflex and Full-Traction kits... both are pretty complete but I'd have to buy either shocks or track bars and LCAs separate... I'm going to pull the trigger for an order as soon as I get paid, so any input would be really appreciated! I'll probably have to save up a bit more for the FT though, considering its cost PLUS buying some Bilsteins... gah so confused...
Old 10-06-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Did you ever pull the trigger on your lift? What way did you go and if installed, how does it look?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did! Got the 3" OME LT kit with HD springs, JKS Lower Control Arms, teraflex SS and a slew of other gear. Had to majorly re-center my steering wheel but it rides sooo awesome. I need an alignment I think, and my tires need balancing, but I think after that it'll be perfect! I'm really really happy with it. It looks totally badass too! I'll have to get some pics. This stance is great with 35s, heck it even makes my tires look too small haha!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ancient Machine
I did! Got the 3" OME LT kit with HD springs, JKS Lower Control Arms, teraflex SS and a slew of other gear. Had to majorly re-center my steering wheel but it rides sooo awesome. I need an alignment I think, and my tires need balancing, but I think after that it'll be perfect! I'm really really happy with it. It looks totally badass too! I'll have to get some pics. This stance is great with 35s, heck it even makes my tires look too small haha!
i am very happy as well with my ome hd coils and lt shocks from northridge!!
if u put the lift in you can align it yourself with simple tools and some time. u need a tape measure and a angle tool.. inclinmeter. found at depot or lowes in tool area by rulers and levels. follow the doit youself alignment writeup on project jk. u should not need to adj toe. center axles and steering and adjust your caster to about 5 degrees both wheels. thats where i'm at and it drives GREAT on highway! 85 no problem.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
center axles and steering and adjust your caster to about 5 degrees both wheels.
that is a lot of caster.

I got mine dialed in at 4.7 degrees. i believe the right side passenger side should have more caster.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
that is a lot of caster.

I got mine dialed in at 4.7 degrees.
i have been fiddling with it and thats where i like it.. maybe mine is 4.7 also.. the dial angle tool i have isnt as accurate as a digi one, but the steering feels good and the wheel actually returns to center quickly now.
this is similar to the tool i am refering to..
Old 10-07-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

in the faq's they recommend 6-8 + degrees of caster on a 3-4" suspension.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:28 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
in the faq's they recommend 6-8 + degrees of caster on a 3-4" suspension.
i know and thats alot considering where i am at, my front pinion angle is at 5.
there is NO way u can get 6 to 7 degrees with the lca's set to 23" eye to eye. mine are way past that. i got about 9 threads showing before jamnut. thats why after asking around i am going by what that angle tool says, not the measured length.. i might still bump it up more but i am nervous about the front shaft angle..
hope this all helps everyone.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gbanic
Any experiance with the Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod lift, trying to deceided between this and OME 2 inch lift.

Any thoughts.

Thanks for your help.
Haven't seen a bunch of feedback on these kits. But so far everyone is very pleased.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=Rock+Krawler

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=Rock+Krawler
Old 10-07-2010, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

OME.

Quick Reply: Best quality most affordable 2.5" lift