Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

best progammer?

Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best progammer?

Im looking at many different programmers and I have my eye on the Superchips trail dash but was wondering what else is out there to add performance, a way to monitor the system, and how much they usually run
Old 02-23-2013, 11:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

waiting for this too..

I got a SuperChips I can use for $100. And I wanna make sure it is not a waste.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the BullyDog GT. It has a display that you can mount on the dashboard or constant monitoring. The performance increase was OK but mileage decrease does not pay off. However, it's very good for monitoring the engine a d peripherals as well as setting up custom alarms for critical stuff such as coolant and transmission oil temperature.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using a hypertech programmer & I'm very happy with it. I actually have an extra one laying around that came with my supercharger if anyone is interested.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running the trail dash from superchips.

I think it is good but not excellent. Kind of wish I had gotten the normal superchips. The dash thing is cool but most the function comes from the reprogram which is the same on both.

91 tune is amazing on my 6 speed
Old 02-24-2013, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tell me more... what gear and tire size are you running? And exactly HOW amazing are we takling here.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Programmers are very good at providing a placebo effect on power. I run the superchips and I use it mostly for the other features besides the tunes. Can I feel the difference? I "think" so but it is not earth shattering. Don't expect a programmer to give you anything more than a subtle change. But they are worth it for the combined features.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone seen a difference in improved gas mileage with any of these Tuners/chips?I've been considering the Bully dog GT but it seems to focus more on performance, lets face it the 3.8L is a slug no matter what you do unless Forced Induction is in the picture. I would like to see better MPG's, I plan to supercharge or do a 5.7 Hemi swap when my extended warranty runs out so I'd like to be able to use that same Tuner/Chip, but that won't be for a while. I mainly want better MPG's for the time being.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm using a Superchips Vivid and am very happy with it. I think if you are realistic with the gains you can expect, they are worth the money. They do tend to benefit the automatics more due to calibrating the tire size, which corrects the shift points. I can definitely feel more power between the tunes, and mileage has improved slightly. I also like the real time data features, and the fact I can change tunes and monitor data directly from my cell phone.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can say that before my supercharger, I only had my hypertech programmer & CAI & the change in throttle response was night & day. It made it worth every penny.

Quick Reply: best progammer?