Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Place To Mount Auxiliary Lights

Old 03-26-2012 | 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Best Place To Mount Auxiliary Lights

Hey everyone,
Just was wondering where do yall think is the best place to mount extra lights and why?
Old 03-26-2012 | 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Windshield mount works best for me with long range kc hilites. Looks cool too.
Old 03-26-2012 | 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by John jk
Windshield mount works best for me with long range kc hilites. Looks cool too.
I agree. Cheap and easy install
Old 03-26-2012 | 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

It depends on what kind of lights. Fog and driving lights are best kept low. The bumper is the best way to go with them. Long range or spotlights are good on the windshield, but you have to keep the beam pattern narrow to avoid hood glare
Old 03-27-2012 | 04:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have Rigid Floods on my front bumper, and a set of Rigid Spots on my PSC windshield mounts...works great and looks awesome.
Old 03-27-2012 | 04:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
It depends on what kind of lights. Fog and driving lights are best kept low. The bumper is the best way to go with them. Long range or spotlights are good on the windshield, but you have to keep the beam pattern narrow to avoid hood glare
Deffinatly agree also what I have found is if you have a lighter color JK (white / silver) you might have more glare off the hood.
Old 03-27-2012 | 04:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I've got some IPF lights on my hood now, and I hate them there. When I had them on my bumper the visibility was amazing with them on. I hate when they light up the hood while I'm driving, to me, it draws too much attention to the hood and not the road/trail. I'd put them back on the bumper but the Rugged Ridge XHD with a stinger doesn't have a spot for auxillary lights. I might just sell the IPF's and buy some pencil beams for the hood.

Quick Reply: Best Place To Mount Auxiliary Lights