Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Place to get replacement install kit for Bushwacker Flat Flares?

Old 01-16-2014, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
Weird. I wonder how they warranty stuff then.
I contacted Bushwacker when I did my install and they sent me a couple of the attachment pieces that were missing, so they probably have the parts in stock for warranty work. They probably just don't want to deal with selling parts to retail customers on a routine basis.

I wonder how much they really warranty though. I don't think they are going to replace anything damaged on the trail under warranty.

edit: out of curiosity I checked my installation instructions: "Limited Lifetime Warranty Against Any Manufacturing Defects"

Last edited by brighton; 01-16-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brighton
I contacted Bushwacker when I did my install and they sent me a couple of the attachment pieces that were missing, so they probably have the parts in stock for warranty work. They probably just don't want to deal with selling to retail customers on a routine basis. I wonder how much they really warranty though. I doubt they are going to replace anything damaged on the trail under warranty. edit: out of curiosity I checked my installation instructions: "Limited Lifetime Warranty Against Any Manufacturing Defects"
They have solid warranties and a company that size will back their product. They'd rather see the issue hit the correct channel (end user to dealer to manufacturer).

This is much easier to the end user, tell your sales rep and we go up to bat for you to make sure you get the right part(s) or replacement.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:15 PM
JK Junkie

I contacted Bushwacker when I did my install and they sent me a couple of the attachment pieces that were missing, so they probably have the parts in stock for warranty work. They probably just don't want to deal with selling parts to retail customers on a routine basis.

I wonder how much they really warranty though. I don't think they are going to replace anything damaged on the trail under warranty.

edit: out of curiosity I checked my installation instructions: "Limited Lifetime Warranty Against Any Manufacturing Defects"
I prefer the Ace warranty, 100% coverage on anything due to off road breakage.

matthew
Old 01-17-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
I prefer the Ace warranty, 100% coverage on anything due to off road breakage.

matthew
I agree, the Ace warranty is outstanding, I have their rear bumper and rock rails.

I've already put a dent in one of my Bushwacker flares. If I rip one off on the trails, I'll probably replace with either Ace or Metalcloak. The biggest concern I had with metal flares was the additional weight, but I don't want to keep replacing plastic flares if they aren't going to hold up. Besides, my JKU is already a hog, what's a few more pounds.

Last edited by brighton; 01-17-2014 at 05:36 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:09 AM
JK Junkie

I agree, the Ace warranty is outstanding, I have their rear bumper and rock rails.

I've already put a dent in one of my Bushwacker flares. If I rip one off on the trails, I'll probably replace with either Ace or Metalcloak. The biggest concern I had with metal flares was the additional weight, but I don't want to keep replacing plastic flares if they aren't going to hold up. Besides, my JKU is already a hog, what's a few more pounds.

A while back there was a write up that I'm pretty sure was from Way A Life, and they said that they experienced or witnessed metal flat fenders causing more damage than a plastic flat fender would of.

it had to do with the metal one transferring the impact over a larger area and causing body damage in a larger area than the obstacle would have.

matthew
Old 01-17-2014, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

+1 I remember seeing that mentioned. Better to have to pay for a new plastic flare than a whole quarter panel or more. That's the only reason I haven't gone for metal flares. God knows, I want them.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I smacked a tree wheeling and the bushwackers pushed in the body panel causing a dent. I got a good deal on the BW, but if I could do it again, I would go nemesis or metalcloak..which I plan on doing. I need to get a replacement kit too because the the fender that i smacked doesnt stay on the body because of the dent! need to get the dent pulled lol.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've heard different opinions on whether plastic vs. metal fenders can cause more damage to body panels. There are some that have claimed that Metalcloak fenders have some type of attachment points that greatly reduces the likelihood of body damage. It's something I'll probably look into more if/when I need to replace my Bushwackers.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:01 PM
JK Junkie

Ok, there are some good prices on Amazon and some great prices, none of these idiots come straight out and tell you if their selling jk or TJ flats!

matthew
Old 01-17-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Ok, there are some good prices on Amazon and some great prices, none of these idiots come straight out and tell you if their selling jk or TJ flats!

matthew
Did you do the "Select Your Vehicle" at the top? That's how I was able to make sure to find the JK flares.

Quick Reply: Best Place to get replacement install kit for Bushwacker Flat Flares?