Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best place to get an AEV 2.5 Lift for the BEST price.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to get an AEV 2.5 Lift for the BEST price.

Anyone have any contacts to get a AEV lift for a good price. Someone said they got it with FOX Shocks too, for a great deal. Please let me know.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Aev offers some bilstein shocks as part of some of their kits. I'm un aware if they have an option for fox shocks.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No discounts on aev - trust me I've tried. Are you dead set on AEV? I used to be a big fan and I like my AEV 2.5 but I'm not sure I'd do an aev again, especially when there are deals to be had on other lifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

$959 + free shipping is best you can get.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good luck finding it cheaper. I looked for a long time and called many places. Just gonna have to pay the regular price.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

They have fixed pricing set so retailers have to sell them for whatever price you see it online for. If a company sells you one cheaper then AEV won't be very happy and will probably take away the certification to sell their products away from the retailer. So $939.00 is the price you will have to pay. If the person you know actually got it for a lower price then the dealer should be scared of losing their authorization because AEV will probably find out... Maybe the kit with the remote reservoir shocks are Fox but I'm not sure if they even make that for the 2.5" lift. Good luck trying to find a risky dealer, if you find one it will be your lucky day

Old 06-29-2014, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by etl330
No discounts on aev - trust me I've tried. Are you dead set on AEV? I used to be a big fan and I like my AEV 2.5 but I'm not sure I'd do an aev again, especially when there are deals to be had on other lifts. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why not sure about doing aev again? Info appreciated. Thx
Old 07-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Former Vendor

AEV protects their name and the dealers by having the fixed price. AEV rides nice but we aren't the biggest fans of all the brackets used for geometry correction. Yes the drop brackets do have benefits other than correcting caster but ground clearance is lost.

Before we start talking about other lift kits we would like to ask a few questions to better assist your decision making process.

What are your main goal with the Jeep? How do you intend to use the Jeep?

Let us know if we can help you out, PM us if you want quicker and more personal assistance.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by twofourflinching
Why not sure about doing aev again? Info appreciated. Thx
I've just kind of gotten over AEV. I was a complete fan boy at first.

Unfortunately I had a bad experience trying to buy my wheels from a local dealer who completely lied to me for 3 weeks. I got in touch with Dave at aev and while I was impressed he answered my email, nothing came of it, not even an apology or acknowledgment from the dealer that they screwed up and lied. That left a bad taste in my mouth and after a trip to Rausch Creek my jeep did everything I wanted it to, but I was worried about the clearance with the brackets. There are other little things that bother me like not being able to have an AEV windshield banner. I know it sounds petty but I just think they sort of take their smaller customers for granted a little bit. From what I hear there are other lifts that'll perform close enough on road and excel off road and those companies even offer deals from time to time - to me that option has become more appealing.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just behind the excellent handling of the AEV kits for me is they have very little noise. No squeaking from CA's and such. They definitely have their limitations, but I have been in a few other Jeeps and definitely heard noise from the suspension. When off road and flexing my AEV is relatively silent. I definitely don't think the ride quality is perfect , but any noise the Jeep make I would have to silence it.

Quick Reply: Best place to get an AEV 2.5 Lift for the BEST price.