Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best place to buy OME 2" Medium Duty Lift

Old 12-15-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree with David---The Ride is awesome.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FourEyes45
I have to agree with David---The Ride is awesome.
How does the ride compare to stock??
Old 12-15-2008, 04:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by cmb396
How does the ride compare to stock??
The ride is very much better than stock.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
The ride is very much better than stock.
I've got to agree 100%
Old 12-15-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Where is this info coming from? The reason they are expensive is becuase of the quality of the parts! OME makes the best shocks on market IMHO. Combined with OME coils the ride is aweosme. I would have to say it is the best riding kit on the market.

The other thing I do like about OME is they dont make all the other stuff and it gives you the chance to purchase individual components that you want. This way you get the best of everything.

By your statement I can tell you have never driven a jeep with a OME kit, YOu should try it sometime.

David
They are manufactured in Australia by ARB. They are then distributed in the U.S. by ARB USA, a division of ARB's main corporation in Australia. So, yes, they are made in Australia, and the exchange rate with the dollar being horrible, globally, affects the final pricing. That coupled with the import taxes and shipping from the other side of the planet, drives the cost up. ARB products reflect the same high prices. They are also responsible for IPF lights, another extremely high pricetag item. That's neither here nor there.

Yes, David, I have ridden in a vehicle with the OME setup, and while the ride is nice, it still isn't nice enough for ME to justify the astronomical costs associated with buying. I never knocked the quality, performance, or ride comfort of their products, justs the extremely high prices. This is all my personal opinion.

Quick Reply: Best place to buy OME 2" Medium Duty Lift