Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best option for tire carrier

Old 07-19-2013, 04:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuv
OR FAB isn't a horrible ass pain to install. Just take your time drilling. I've been happy with mine. I was worried about the tire sticking out, but to my knowledge I've not hit anything with it. Great for camping. You can strap a few fold up chairs to it, a tent, recovery gear, etc... And I liked being able to run any bumper I wanted to. And you can put your plate in the middle, as with most carriers. Just ran a few bolts through the T handle and added a light.
I too was worried about the tire dragging; I've dragged the bumper but not the tire.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Cuv
JK Enthusiast

I forgot to get a pic of the plate install, but it's easy. Two 1/4 -20 bolts (can't remember how long), two flanged nuts, and two nylock wing nuts. Just drilled through the T handle, 7" on center I believe is what plates are, and ran the bolts from the the back of the T handle to the front - Or in other terms, bolts face rear. I put the flange nuts on backward so that the flat flange faces the rear and gives a little bit of a flat spot for the plate. Then wing nuts to hold the plate on. For the light I got the ORO plate light from NR4x4 and used a quick disconnect so I can easily remove it. Works great and looks good. Previous my plate was being held on with zipties after several offroad trips and rubbing trees and such.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

I've pretty much ruled out the teraflex carrier, I think I want something that really stands out. At this point it's between the or-fab carrier and the Paramount Styling rear bumper with swing out carrier, just not sure of Paramount's quality because of the low price

Quick Reply: Best option for tire carrier