Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best option for my set up...recommendations? with nice pic.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think he's already trimmed. So get some adjustable rear arms move the axle back. Then if that don't work bump stops. I don't like bump stops because your negating the point of a long arm travel lift kit. So I would do the arms first
Old 03-10-2013, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaker t5
I am sorry but the more I look at your jeep the pinch seam does not look trimmed

If you can get a closer picture of said area
Sorry guys... That's not my Jeep; it's just a pic that I grabbed off the interwebs.

Mine is fully trimmed. The part that touches is the part I circled in the pic.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I think he's already trimmed. So get some adjustable rear arms move the axle back. Then if that don't work bump stops. I don't like bump stops because your negating the point of a long arm travel lift kit. So I would do the arms first

Yeah, I am trimmed. That pic isn't of my Jeep...just similar. Doesn't the Rock Krawler 3.5 mid arm flex system come with the rear arms that would push the axle further back or everything I need?
Old 03-10-2013, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by draaven
Yeah, I am trimmed. That pic isn't of my Jeep...just similar. Doesn't the Rock Krawler 3.5 mid arm flex system come with the rear arms that would push the axle further back or everything I need?
Not sure what that lift comes with in the way of control arms. One easy way to check is to look at your rear springs and see if they are angled forward or arched(They should be straight up and down). If they are arched, I would get adjustable control arms for the rear,, then have it aligned properly. Second to that, for a temp fix,, I would put in the coil spacers until I could afford the adj cont arms.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

Okay, here is a better pic that shows exactly what I am talking about. Yellow arrow is the part that rubs. The red arrow shows the pinch seam trimmed. When I hit a bump and the shocks compress and travel, the plastic part that is circled rubs the tire and makes the crunch sound.

So, should I be able to move the axle back, or is that already done with the Rock Krawler 3.5 flex? If so, then would I just need an extra inch with body lift or just do the coil spring spacers?

Thanks for all the help guys...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130310_115343.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	432067
Old 03-10-2013, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

What yellow arrow!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

check your spring to see if it arches forward.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by big dr
Not sure what that lift comes with in the way of control arms. One easy way to check is to look at your rear springs and see if they are angled forward or arched(They should be straight up and down). If they are arched, I would get adjustable control arms for the rear,, then have it aligned properly. Second to that, for a temp fix,, I would put in the coil spacers until I could afford the adj cont arms.
Well, I just checked, and the springs look just maybe slightly arched a little...hard to tell really.

Here is what the system is supposed to include:

System Includes:
(2) long travel progressive rate front coil springs
Double adjustable front track bar made from 1.5" solid alloy steel
(2) high clearance adjustable front lower control arms made of 1.625" solid alloy steel
Adjustable front sway bar disconnects
(2) long travel linear rear coil springs
Precision welded rear track bar relocation bracket made from thick laser cut steel
(2) high clearance adjustable rear lower control arms made of 1.625" solid alloy steel
Front and rear long travel stainless steel brake lines
Extended rear sway bar links, hardware and detailed instructions.

So, it seems as if I have everything in the kit to avoid the rub including the rear control arms, right?
Old 03-10-2013, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

There's a jeep in that first pic? Huh, hadn't noticed...
Old 03-10-2013, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by draaven
Well, I just checked, and the springs look just maybe slightly arched a little...hard to tell really.

Here is what the system is supposed to include:

System Includes:
(2) long travel progressive rate front coil springs
Double adjustable front track bar made from 1.5" solid alloy steel
(2) high clearance adjustable front lower control arms made of 1.625" solid alloy steel
Adjustable front sway bar disconnects
(2) long travel linear rear coil springs
Precision welded rear track bar relocation bracket made from thick laser cut steel
(2) high clearance adjustable rear lower control arms made of 1.625" solid alloy steel
Front and rear long travel stainless steel brake lines
Extended rear sway bar links, hardware and detailed instructions.

So, it seems as if I have everything in the kit to avoid the rub including the rear control arms, right?
I would say NO!! Your list says you have 2 lower rear adjustable control arms. You need rear UPPER adj control arms as well! The good news is you only need to buy 2 arms(the uppers) With only lower adj contol arms you cant move the axle rearward. You can only adjust your pinion angle.

Quick Reply: Best option for my set up...recommendations? with nice pic.