Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best MT for on and off road

Old 11-17-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best MT for on and off road

What do you think the best MT is for on and off road use? My JKUR is my daily drive, and I go to Moab and/or the Rubicon 2-3 times per year along with local trails. Had 35in KM2's that I loved. I'm getting a new Jeep, and I'm thinking about getting different tires.
KM2
General Grabbers
Trail Grapplers
Any others I should be looking at?
Old 11-17-2013, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my 35 Toyo M/T's. I have ran about 10 sets through all my work trucks without a single issue. We bought our first set of KM2's over the summer ( only tire we could get ). They wore fast and started to cup on a brand new truck. I suspect warm temps and quick wear is why they started to cup. Anyways, just bought 3 more sets of toyo's for the winter. Do surprisingly well in winter conditions with new tread and decent with worn tread. 1+ for toyo. Great treadlife too
Old 11-17-2013, 10:04 PM
JK Newbie

The nitto Trail grapplers are pretty good on/off road MT's. I would go with the toyo's 1st then the Nitto's 2nd. But the Toyo's are on National back order according to multiple tire suppliers.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RubiX14
The nitto Trail grapplers are pretty good on/off road MT's. I would go with the toyo's 1st then the Nitto's 2nd. But the Toyo's are on National back order according to multiple tire suppliers.
Just saw falken coming out with an mt that looks like it might be pretty good in road. Looks like a slightly more aggressive version of their AT tire which a lot if folks run around here for stuff as gnarly as rubicon
Old 11-18-2013, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Toyo's here, no complaints.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by orangedude71
Just saw falken coming out with an mt that looks like it might be pretty good in road. Looks like a slightly more aggressive version of their AT tire which a lot if folks run around here for stuff as gnarly as rubicon
Do you have any info or pictures the new tire? I like Falken tires but they don't look aggressive enough.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by orangedude71
Nevermind, I found it....
Old 11-18-2013, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Goodyear MTR/K
Old 11-18-2013, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Here's another vote for the Toyo's. I got 73,000 miles out of 35's by rotating through all 5 every 4,000 miles.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ. Love them! Not loud, and after seeing the performance vs others at the Jeep Jamboree a few weeks ago I was even more sold. Me and the other guy running them were the only ones without mud caked in the tread. They threw mud better than any of the others.

Quick Reply: Best MT for on and off road