Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

best/most user friendly high steer kit?

Old 07-04-2014, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd prefer to keep the draglink the weak point, as opposed to running a chromo one and making the sector shaft the weak point.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shecky
I'd prefer to keep the draglink the weak point, as opposed to running a chromo one and making the sector shaft the weak point.
Also excellent point

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 07-05-2014, 07:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Also excellent point Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
The sector shaft isn't going to be a big deal because you have a stronger draglink. Especially since your not running that big a tire anyways. Running heavy 37s or 40s then yea a lot more strain but a hydro assist would be recommended anyways. You can always just get the synergy sector brace it your worried about it.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

AEV uses RHD draglink with its flip kit, too. Not just evo. No issues with mine at all. The one that bent is a fluke if you ask me.

A step bit is not $60+. I picked mine up for $20. I use it for other things. It literally drilled it out like butter. I used a 7/8ths step bit so when it went all the way through, it wouldn't make it larger. I have close to 20,000 miles on the flip kit from AEV, no issues.

Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:06 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CerOf
AEV uses RHD draglink with its flip kit, too. Not just evo. No issues with mine at all. The one that bent is a fluke if you ask me. A step bit is not $60+. I picked mine up for $20. I use it for other things. It literally drilled it out like butter. I used a 7/8ths step bit so when it went all the way through, it wouldn't make it larger. I have close to 20,000 miles on the flip kit from AEV, no issues. Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
How much are the AEV flip kits.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
How much are the AEV flip kits.
Looked it up. It's $369 with a steering stabilizer that you don't really need. Synergy is the best for the money. Better components all the way around.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

X2 I don't care for the RHD stock DL.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 07-05-2014, 09:18 AM
JK Junkie

Also call one of the vendors and you can get it for the same price as the others if not cheaper. For me personally it's not so much the brand but the quality and value of the price your paying. I'm not going to spend $300 on stock items when I can pay the same for much much better quality components. That also tells me the company selling stock is way overpriced.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
it's not so much the brand but the quality and value of the price your paying. I'm not going to spend $300 on stock items when I can pay the same for much much better quality components. That also tells me the company selling stock is way overpriced.
This is my thought also. If I am paying good money to upgrade my steering, I want to upgrade it, not pay to go back to stock components.

Based on feedback, I went Synergy also. Even added the upper trackbar/sector shaft brace 'just in case'.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:29 PM
JK Junkie

That's what I'm running. Well since swapped the bracket for Artec's. Great setup.
Synergy also uses 2 new metal on metal Tre's. a EVO, AEV you're using stock or moogs.
You can run a stock length track bar at around 3-3.5" of lift, or one that adjust down to stock. Also .. Not all track bars work with Synergy's sector brace. I'm running the TB bracket with plans on the sector support.

My 2nd choice would be RK's new shit. One piece track bar bracket and new pro HD drag link looks freakin BA.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed

Quick Reply: best/most user friendly high steer kit?