Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best mirror relocation

Old 05-21-2009, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best mirror relocation

Alight i need some help with relocating mirrors, who likes what what doesn;t work. I bought the rugged ridge mirror relocation and totally killed my mopar mirrors. I am at the question of getting new mopars and sticking with the rugged ridge which I think looks awesome ( asking here about function) or going with a totally new set up. keeping in mind that when I put the doors back on I no longer have the mirrors for them and need some sort of total relocation ot the ones that slip in the door pin holes
Old 05-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our solution is to move the entire assembly from the door to a bracket that uses the upper hinge pin. It's not designed to be a permanent relocation. But you'll have great visibility because the mirrors are in the factory location and no problems with vibration like some solutions.

You can see what others have said as well as pictures in this thread:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/dietech-offroad-mirror-brackets-85776/

More information on the product:
Product Page
Old 05-21-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have the lange quick release 2's and i like them alot. I had to re seal around the mirrors because of the whistling but if your like me and dont want to take your mirrors off your door or shell out $210 for another set of factorys then i would recomend the lange ones.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigshow
Alight i need some help with relocating mirrors, who likes what what doesn;t work. I bought the rugged ridge mirror relocation and totally killed my mopar mirrors. I am at the question of getting new mopars and sticking with the rugged ridge which I think looks awesome ( asking here about function) or going with a totally new set up. keeping in mind that when I put the doors back on I no longer have the mirrors for them and need some sort of total relocation ot the ones that slip in the door pin holes
I just ordered the Rugged Ridge yesterday...how did it kill your Mopars?
Old 05-21-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JEP THNG
I just ordered the Rugged Ridge yesterday...how did it kill your Mopars?
Trying to get them off of the bracket killed and still not off
Old 05-21-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bigshow
If you get the Rugged Ridge ones then you wont need mirrors for when your doors are off since they are permanently relocated. Just keep in mind with the doors on you will not be able to see the mirror on the passenger side with the Rugged Ridge model
Old 05-21-2009, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UGOTKERN
If you get the Rugged Ridge ones then you wont need mirrors for when your doors are off since they are permanently relocated. Just keep in mind with the doors on you will not be able to see the mirror on the passenger side with the Rugged Ridge model

oh, didn't know that. don't like that. at all.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

A guy by the house removed a couple of bolts from the windshield bracket. Found new bolts long enough and mounts his there. It really is a simple solution.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

buy $4.00 bike mirror drop in door hinge snugup with supplied nuts and your good to go.Thats what I got and even has the same black finish on back as factory.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

Harley Davidson - 19.95. One bolt. Works like a champ.

Quick Reply: Best mirror relocation