Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Looking Modified Intake

Old 02-17-2007, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.75" I went from 2.75 to 3.875 OD
Old 02-17-2007, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone thought about coming straight out and then turning down so the filter sits in front of the engine...just thinking this would free up the airbox location for a spare parts box or a second battery?
Old 02-17-2007, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Arrow

I thought about doing that actually but you'd have to make some kind of box to keep wather from splashing on the filter because it would site directly above the D30 and be pretty exposed. Also you'd get that radiator heat which would defeat the purpose of a CAI.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoombaMR20
I thought about doing that actually but you'd have to make some kind of box to keep wather from splashing on the filter because it would site directly above the D30 and be pretty exposed. Also you'd get that radiator heat which would defeat the purpose of a CAI.
Good points...I guess I want the CAI more to give me space for a battery. Maybe I'll just figure out how to mount the stock air box over there.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think it looks sweet, but without a "Cold Air Box, that filter is going to be sucking a lot of hot underhood air. This mayl prevent you from getting as much power as if the filter were proected from the hot air.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Last edited by SpudRacer; 02-18-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by chad250yz
Has anybody bought the AEM brute force intake? Is it worth the money?
I bought one for my 04' and it was a nice kit.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be making a custom box for the filter; I agree that it will be sucking hot air without it. It is winter now though so it's not as big of an issue because it's freezing outside and the air under the hood stays relatively cool but i definitely want to have it on before summer.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool

Okay guys the numbers are in; as far as gas mileage goes; it has seemed to increase about 1mpg even with my foot in the floor more. I had it dyno'd and it picked up 13hp and 12ftlb of torque. All I'm waiting for now is to finish my CAI shield to prevent hot air from being exposed to the filter and waiting for headers to come out for my custom exhaust install; hopefull I'll end up with over 30+ in hp and torque with these mods. Anyone else see similar numbers?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default performance

First off Moomba that is a sweet looking intake, good job. Where did you get the rubber gaskets that attach it to the intake and join the two tubes?

I think 1Badjk is the one that totaled the gains with CAI, exhaust and chip. See his link "The results are in" on the writeups section. His gains totaled around +30hp +30fp.

I basically did the same to my jeep and the perforance gains make it feel like a different engine.

AEM cai, Magnaflow exhaust and jet stage 1 chip.

You cnan hear my exhaust and see pics here https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...naflow+exhaust

Last edited by purple11haze; 02-26-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Smile

thanks for the comment! www.siliconeintakes.com is where the fittings came from; it was like a 10 minute install including the pipe fabrication and all and the look and performance are incredible. I'm waiting for headers to do a true dual exhaust set-up with x pipe. it's going to sound bad. nice work on your jk

Quick Reply: Best Looking Modified Intake