Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best location for mounting switches??

Old 01-18-2011, 04:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did mine on the pillar near the door. I think it is a perfect place to mount switches, since if you need to, you can always buy a replacement plastic pillar for 20 bucks or less.

The wires are easy to route through the firewall at that spot, the fuse box is right there, and theres only ONE problem...

Sometimes when the door leaks, the water drizzles over the switches, but they don't short out at all. This is a very MINOR drizzle and the switch is not even wet, just the area around it is "damp".
Old 01-18-2011, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

Your post does not say if you have power windows or not but if you don't this is one possibility. With a steady hand I just cut the proper size holes in the panel.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sa29560
That setup above posted by WOL seems to be the way I want to go. Tons of switches, out of the way, and still in a convenient enough spot to reach. Looks almost factory. I am really impressed by the looks of that unit

that is a pretty unique setup you have there too untold. whats up with the RHD in the USA???

Oh i get it, nevermind
Problem is, they are seriously delayed in getting to market. You can't buy it. It was supposed to be out Jun 2010. I just heard from them this past Sunday, they have no idea when it will be out. 'keep checking back' is what I got. But yes it is the easiest and sexiest way to do switches, if you could buy it.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Light switch by the ebrake.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
this really is a nice factory looking solution as well. also, while it is pricey, it does come with more than just switches but everything you need to get it wired up as well...

I liked the way this one sounds too. I've been in email communication with these guys. They take forever to answer an email, but here's the last I heard from them.

Date: Tue, January 04, 2011 3:43pm

We have been waiting for our shipment of the 2.0 boards. Just found out that they hit a snag with manufacturing, that means big delays. I am sorry to inform you but at this point I can’t be sure when I will have product available.
Once the product becomes available, I will post on our website simplesolutionsmfg.com how all the different winch models will integrate with the JK Switch. Your 9.5ti will be covered.

Again I am sorry for the delay and hope your still interested when I have stock. Please check back in March hope I will have good news for you.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

^^^
i love that one, just way too pricy...
Old 01-18-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
I did mine on the pillar near the door. I think it is a perfect place to mount switches, since if you need to, you can always buy a replacement plastic pillar for 20 bucks or less.

The wires are easy to route through the firewall at that spot, the fuse box is right there, and theres only ONE problem...

Sometimes when the door leaks, the water drizzles over the switches, but they don't short out at all. This is a very MINOR drizzle and the switch is not even wet, just the area around it is "damp".
Exactly where I put mine. Do not see what the bid deal is with buying a pre-made "pilar panel", it was simple to just drill a hole and attach a switch. Looks clean and it is functional without the extra cost.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

You can fit 4 of these switches on the A-Pillar - did this mod a few years back.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 01-21-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toymaster
Your post does not say if you have power windows or not but if you don't this is one possibility. With a steady hand I just cut the proper size holes in the panel.

I mounted my ARB compressor switch and my light switch where the cig. lighter goes on the left.

Quick Reply: Best location for mounting switches??