Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best location for mounting switches??

Old 01-17-2011, 12:46 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Harbourone
Where did you order your switches echo? Ive been looking for high quality aircraft switches, and would love to replace my lit rocker with them.

Oh and just remove your a pillar cover and mount switches in it. You don't need to buy from rugged ridge, you just need a drillbit.
don't know where he got his from but, i would check marvac - they have tons of great switches:

marvac.com/switches.aspx
Old 01-17-2011, 01:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my light switches by the emergency brake. I rest my hand there, when I drive. I like the switches to be easy and quick to turn off and on, incase I meet another driver. I use mine for hwy driving too.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Switch Panel

Bit pricey, but one of the guys in my jeep club found this

simplesolutionsmfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=49"]http://www.simplesolutionsmfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=49

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-17-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: please do not post direct links to non-sponsors
Old 01-17-2011, 04:51 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Grognard
Bit pricey, but one of the guys in my jeep club found this

simplesolutionsmfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=49"]http://www.simplesolutionsmfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=49
this really is a nice factory looking solution as well. also, while it is pricey, it does come with more than just switches but everything you need to get it wired up as well...

The JKSwitch package consists of an ABS molded dash piece designed to look factory. The dash piece has a large storage bin (approximately 3 ½" by 3 ½" with depths ranging from 1 ¾" just behind switches to ¾" at aft end). The five switches are located within easy reach of the driver and are illuminated for easy visibility. User is supplied with twelve plastic adhesive backed labels (including 4 blank labels) covering most accessory uses for easy install as you grow and modify your accessories. The dash panel is easily installed in place of the factory panel and utilizes all the same mounting hardware. A screwdriver and a pair of needle nose pliers and the dash piece is in.

In addition to the molded dash piece and labels, the package comes with a SSMFG wiring harnesses to integrate with the JK factory wiring harness and a generic winch harness which will work with all standard electric winches. All JK connectors are provided, it is just unplug, insert our harness as directed and replug.

The command center of the JKSwitch is housed in a sealed compartment to be mounted in a SSMFG designated area under the hood. The package comes with a specially designed mounting bracket designed for the JK, the printed circuit board, and aluminum cast cover.

If you are not familiar with wiring, NO WORRIES! We have designed this to be really simple so that virtually anyone can wire their own accessories. If you are a wiring pro, you will appreciate the cleanliness of the design and future troubleshooting ease.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:55 PM
him
JK Enthusiast

That simplesolutions panel looks great. Does it work with the compass that's normally glued under there? (Not that I actually use that compass, but...)

Here's what I did for my air compressor switch:

Old 01-17-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I really like this set up!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That setup above posted by WOL seems to be the way I want to go. Tons of switches, out of the way, and still in a convenient enough spot to reach. Looks almost factory. I am really impressed by the looks of that unit

that is a pretty unique setup you have there too untold. whats up with the RHD in the USA???

Oh i get it, nevermind
Old 01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saw the price on that unit as well, 450 bones, yikes
Old 01-17-2011, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

The one i get is only $170 without switches or gauges.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is what I copied and I really like it. Looks factory and it's out of the way.

Here's the thread showing how he did it.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ar-view-mirror

Quick Reply: Best location for mounting switches??