Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best lifts!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed my 3.5 AEV with the KM2's and it rides great! Very complete kit. I have not gotten out yet, but it is due soon...

And yes, that is an LOD shorty rear bumper integrated to the door... It is great!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4121461931.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	193340   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3446132771.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	193341   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-242874094.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	193342  
Old 09-05-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by danmojo82
what size tires are you running/planning to run? A lot of lifts are different in actual height too. A 3 inch from one company might net you 4 inches while a 3 inch from another might get you 2.5
37" Toyo MT's
Old 09-05-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GCM 2
After owning lifted rigs with Teraflex, Rancho, & Superlift, my EVO Double Throw Down wins in every environment-City streets, Hwy, Rocks, Sand, etc. It's in a class of it's own and worth every penny.
I was looking at your ride and it looks amazing!!! But what size evo lift are you running?
Old 09-05-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wecf
Currie Rocks! (pardon the pun)
Wow dude nice setup. What size lift and tires?
Old 09-05-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pemberton
My experience,

OME!!
x2 on that. I love my OME lift for what kind of off-roading I do. I think their products are well thought out and very well designed.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nortski3
Home made. I use garage door springs for coils flexes like a bitch.
I really hope this was sarcastic...a
Old 09-05-2011, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jpaustin87
i love the clayton 4.5'' i got. its not flashy but it sure is beefy and rides like factory.
X2 I also have a clayton 4.5. Love and would never go with anything else.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

Originally Posted by Joe7
I was looking at your ride and it looks amazing!!! But what size evo lift are you running?
The EVO Coilover kit that he has is a fully adjustable lift kit that can be ~3"-5" of lift with simple adjustments of the coilover. This is one of the cool things about coilovers. Not only do you gain huge wheel travel and really the best ride quality on and off road, but you have the ability to adjust your lift height to whatever you want. You can even have it 3" one day and if you feel like it, you could adjust it to 4 or 5" the next day in an hour or so with some simple tools.

EVO
Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Andrew@EVOMFG

The EVO Coilover kit that he has is a fully adjustable lift kit that can be ~3"-5" of lift with simple adjustments of the coilover. This is one of the cool things about coilovers. Not only do you gain huge wheel travel and really the best ride quality on and off road, but you have the ability to adjust your lift height to whatever you want. You can even have it 3" one day and if you feel like it, you could adjust it to 4 or 5" the next day in an hour or so with some simple tools.

EVO
Wow that's awesome!!! Thanks for info!! But I was checking out your website and since I'm mostly riding on road would your EVO-ENFORCER-KIT be right for me or would the long arm kit be better?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

Originally Posted by Joe7
Wow that's awesome!!! Thanks for info!! But I was checking out your website and since I'm mostly riding on road would your EVO-ENFORCER-KIT be right for me or would the long arm kit be better?
Honestly on road is where ride quality of a lift kit is most important. Off road JKs are going so slow that most vehicle dynamics are lost a such a slow speeds, for the most part.

Either the EVO Enforcer or the EVO DoubleD long arm are really good on and off road. Typically most people feel a long arm is a better ride quality on the road, but I dont really notice too much difference between these two systems, I have the Enforcer 2.0 on my personal JK. I think the springs contribute the most to ride quality (good or bad), and secondly the shocks to control the spring. Stiffer the spring, the stiffer the shock needs to be to control the spring and so on...

Give me a call and I can better explain the advantages of each and help you figure out what is best for your needs.

Andrew, EVO MFG
714-879-8913

Quick Reply: Best lifts!