Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best lift and what makes it the best

Old 02-21-2013, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Express

I have a 2007 rubicon 2 dr and instaled a lift right after I pulled it off the lot. Probably doesn't help that I did my lift way back when there were not a lot of options available; however, I ended up going with the 3.5 super flex short arm lift from Rubicon Express. It was extremely expensive but at the time the dealer said it would not void my warranty. Even if I had another shop instal it; which I chose to do because Jeep wanted ~5,000$ dollars to do so.

The RE lift is expensive, and after about 5 years of beating the hell out of it the only real problem I have had is with the shocks, which is most likely due to being warn out. It is beginning to bounce/shake after small bumps. Im not a die hard RE supporter; but it has never gave me problems and I have been able to get some good flex out of it. I have been up with tons of other JK's with all different lifts and we all can do about the same stuff.When on bumpy roads without airing down, my jeep feels like its going to fall apart it shakes so badly if I go ~10-15mph. I have drove around the country on the Highway, I can do ~85 mph hour comfertably going around turns and in and out of traffic.

I also found it interesting that it is fairly easy to upgrade my existing kit to a long arm for a lot of money about 1,900; but the option is there. I am sure that is the same with competitors I just have never looked since my lift is already set in stone.

One thing to think about I would say is most of these lifts will be fine, just dont buy your bargin low end pro comp or whatever. I do like being able to upgrade to a long arm, and it is nice knowing they can't screw me over on my warranty. I would say from my experience some good solid choiches for lifts that shouldn't let people down are...Offroad Evo, Rubicon Express, AEV, Rancho, Rock Krawler...
Old 02-22-2013, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Metal cloak makes the best lift in my opinion. But cost alot. Check out their site
Old 02-22-2013, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Just out of curiosity. Why do you think metal cloak is the best?? Do you run a metal cloak?

Quick Reply: Best lift and what makes it the best