Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best lift and what makes it the best

Old 03-27-2012, 03:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kit question

Anyone heard anything about ******* lift kits. I swaying between ******* and clayton. Im thinkn of the 3.5 or 4.5.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:59 AM
JK Newbie

Default lift kits question

S y n e r g y and clayton lift kits
Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icerk
I want 3.5" of lift so I can run 35"s and upgrade to larger when I want.
I wanted to have the exact same flexibility. Take a look at the EVO Enforcer with draglink flip kit. The only thing needed to jump up to 37" tires (assuming you first run 35"s) is different bump stops or flat fenders.

Solid lift, all in one kit. I'm a firm believer in doing it right the first time and not having to mess with it later.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moosenucks
S y n e r g y and clayton lift kits
The first one is a "persona non grata" here in the forum as they aren´t a sponsor. If you can say so in english.
But I would be interested to. Because it´s one of the few lift kits you can buy in Germany with street legality.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default was thinking of going zone

Originally Posted by ICTjku
I wish I would have just bought a more complete kit. I have been collecting parts for my suspension for a couple
months and its been frustrating.
I got the 3" Zone Offroad coil lift. Then after I was looking it over and started thinking I need more stuff. I went and
filled all the holes in with BDS parts.

Now I wish I would have just bought a complete BDS kit. I would have too, if my options were explained to me a little
better, but I guess that's how you learn.
Hi I'm new to the jeep thing and have been doing all the research I can on lifts. I'm not looking to spend a ton on a lift but want one that will handle some occasional off roading. Was looking into the 4inch zone. But am reconsidering it quickly. Maybe the short arm zone lift would be better
Old 05-15-2012, 06:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redunlimitedguy

Hi I'm new to the jeep thing and have been doing all the research I can on lifts. I'm not looking to spend a ton on a lift but want one that will handle some occasional off roading. Was looking into the 4inch zone. But am reconsidering it quickly. Maybe the short arm zone lift would be better
What size tires do you want to run, what type of off roading will you be doing, what's your budget?? You can run 35s on a 2.5 kit, 4" is a lot unless your going to run 37+ tires and with that comes drive shafts, re-gearing etc.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Eventually want to run 37s. The other lifts are just as much or more. Don't plan on any wild wheeling for a while.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redunlimitedguy
Eventually want to run 37s. The other lifts are just as much or more. Don't plan on any wild wheeling for a while.
Hate to break the news, but you said you didn't want to spend a ton on a lift and want to run 37s...it's going to cost you. Don't skimp on the lift, esp if you want 37s or a year from now you will want to replace it.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mjones
I am not an AEV fan due to all the brackets they use in their lifts, If they did an arm kit then I'd probably like them much better. What gives them better road manners and its minimally if you do it to your other brand lifts is the steering flip kit and progressive rate coils, both of which help road manners. I chose the TF kit over EMU because of completeness of the kits. If I was to do it again I would have purchased the EVO enforcer kit, its everything needed and a little pricey but overall its engineering. I am however interested in hearing about how the new AEV 2.5 kit does, it seems like a good price point and knowing the time they put in I would think it would be top notch. Another post stated Full traction, another good kit, arms use clevite busing on both ends giving a noise free ride, stock like feedback with adjust ability. Rock Krawler again a very good set up, they use progressive rates in their 2.5 kit and specific rate coils in all their other lifts very nicely made as well. Another to throw out is the new JKS kits, not much feedback but I run JKS products and if it matches that quality, I am a believer. So in short any of the lifts mentioned are fantastic in their own right not one of these manufactures make a bad product. Good luck finding the best, its too judgemental and the best is only the one you decide on.
I'm not a big fan of that either
Old 05-23-2012, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default aev lift

Hey! this is my first time posting, about 3 months ago i installed the aev lift 3.5" with Bilstein resovoir shocks and after wheeling it for a couple months, i guess i can give it an honest review..now i have not been in any jeep JKs with any other lifts (as i am a young jeeper) so i cannot bad mouth or compare any of the other lifts. The AEV lift rides great on the road no steering quality loss or bad behaviors, it absorbs bumps nicely and the ride quality is not rough at all, as i thought it would be because of the lifted posture of the jeep. one thing i really like about it is the braking, it does not sag AT ALL in the front when i need to apply hard brakes. The installation was a breeze and everything went on without a hitch, minor drilling was needed but thats about it...i have done some light offroading with the jeep and it did pretty good, now this is my daily driver so the ride quality is what i was looking for and it hasent dissapointed.
now if i was wheeeling the jeep hard every weekend and needed the crazy offroad abilities i definatly would have gone with something different, maybe something like the ultimate FullTraction lift or the Teraflex lift.
If i had to do it again i probly would go with the full traction or rock krawler lift only because the whole "jeeping" lifestyle is addicting and i already want to expand on what ive done lol. The AEV lift makes it hard to do that with the use of all of the brackets.

I wish i could have wheeled jeeps with other lifts to give some sort of a comparison but all in all the AEV lift is great for what im doing for now and even though it is not as extreme as others it has improved the offroad performance and i am satisfied.

Cheers
Jacob

Quick Reply: Best lift and what makes it the best