Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best lift and what makes it the best

Old 03-24-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok.. Thanks for info... Much appreciated...
Old 03-24-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by icerk
Ok.. Thanks for info... Much appreciated...
I would go with teraflex 2.5" full lift. Go with ome shocks and call it a day. If you need a little extra tuck space, pop in a 1" body lift. Keeps CG lower.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

I have been going through the same conundrum. What lift to get. I am in a very similar position as well. I want to remain in the 2.5 range because I'd rather not re-shaft and I ultimately need to park in a garage. I have narrowed it down between the Teraflex 2.5 and the RockKrawler 2.5. It appears you can start with both coil kits and upgrade with the full arms at a later date or jump right into them. After joking about 100 different Jeep forums these 2 companies seem to be heavily favored from quality to customer service. I'm trying to keep major modifications out of the equation I don't really want to weld or drill into the frame which both seem pretty minimally evasive. Still not 100% sure which I'll go with but it's between these two manufactures.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rlphillips81
I have been going through the same conundrum. What lift to get. I am in a very similar position as well. I want to remain in the 2.5 range because I'd rather not re-shaft and I ultimately need to park in a garage. I have narrowed it down between the Teraflex 2.5 and the RockKrawler 2.5. It appears you can start with both coil kits and upgrade with the full arms at a later date or jump right into them. After joking about 100 different Jeep forums these 2 companies seem to be heavily favored from quality to customer service. I'm trying to keep major modifications out of the equation I don't really want to weld or drill into the frame which both seem pretty minimally evasive. Still not 100% sure which I'll go with but it's between these two manufactures.
From a customer service point of view teraflex wins. That's why every part I can get from them that I need will come from them. I have the leveling kit and its a great system for me. I'm planning on using 19/60 springs on my jk as i'm towing a pop up and the increased spring rate will help. I have wheeled mine with the leveling spacers and stock shocks with great results. I will be upgrading to tf shocks soon as well.

I have been flip flopping on shock choice but in the end the service teraflex provided me so far has sealed the deal.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

I was leaning toward this one until iread this post http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail....OME-JK_LT_LIFT now im not so sure i want a 2.5" or 3" that rides good on the hyway but i go off road a lot i mean like every day a lot so it needs to flex . i dont want springs that or going to sag or colapse after a few months i'm not crazy about the idea of having to rebuild control arm joints every year or so pluss some i have seen are noisy as hell on the trail. i've looked at RK and i realy like the EVO kit but kinda pricey i think i'l keep reading and doing more research
Old 03-25-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

For those on a budget what it the most complete suspension lift for lets say under $1500(including shocks)?

I really don't plan on lifting my ordered 2d Jk for a while but I have started researching and I am leaning toward Full Traction. Is there a reason FT is not in this discussion(with only one mention that I saw)? Is there a big difference between the FT economy + 3" and FT zero maintenance srs 3" lifts?
Old 03-25-2012, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

I have the TF 2.5 kit with coils and shocks and works great and fits my 35's and best thing I did not have to replace my drive shaft. Good luck trying to park in a parking garage though...
Old 03-25-2012, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jim hensley
I did some semi serious wheeling for the first time this weekend and can see my current Jeep limitations as is. I am thinking of a 2&1/2 to 3" lift. I want to be able to run 35's but I need to fit in a parking garage and I won't want to have to purchase new driveshafts.

If you could but any lift regardless of price what would you buy and what makes a good lift good. Seems like the more expensive lifts that I have looked at seem to have better shocks and extra control arms or some gadgets I am not familiar with.

Sorry for the one more lift thread but I don't think I have seen anything that addresses some the additional items that come with some of the more expensive lifts and if they are worth the money on this size of a lift. Thanks.
After reading through this Thread. I think it got a little off track. If you look at the OP
Wants 35s Wants to be able to park in the Garage
DOESN'T Want to change Drive Shafts

There are some incredibly intelligent people that have serious skill and knowledge on the subject. So if I offend anyone that is not my intent.

WAY OVER THINKING!!!!!!!

There were a couple of great comments

Wayoflife
Nobody that spends large amounts of money is willing to admit they made a mistake (except the one guy) (rare indeed)

Check out others rides and see if you like the feel.

And the best suggestion

Do it in stages!!!!

I have 52k on my jeep about 20k of it trails. I put the TF 2.5” at about the 2k mark. I was an early adopter not nearly as many choices as now or knowledge.

The only MOD I have done to this lift is the 9/16th bolt on the Steering Stabilizer (cured DW instantly)

It still rides great and has been very low maintenance and for the wheeling I do. It works

Don’t make it about the money. Make the decision that works best for your situation.

Riding the trails with your friends is the most fun you can have on 4 wheels (sometimes 3 or 2 depending on the situation)

My opinion
Old 03-25-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am in the boat of looking for the most complete kit, with adjustable arms and track bar. I want to do this once. I am not into doing it in stages, which may be the better way to do it. It's just not for me.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by richtor
For those on a budget what it the most complete suspension lift for lets say under $1500(including shocks)?

I really don't plan on lifting my ordered 2d Jk for a while but I have started researching and I am leaning toward Full Traction. Is there a reason FT is not in this discussion(with only one mention that I saw)? Is there a big difference between the FT economy + 3" and FT zero maintenance srs 3" lifts?
I have the ft 3" maint free and it rocks!

Quick Reply: Best lift and what makes it the best