Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best lift and rim size

Old 11-02-2011, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tapp
An with the 2.5 lift do I need to do the whole driveshaft thing?
Originally Posted by tapp
Any difference in ride between the two
Tires on 15" wheels may bump a little more because you have a wider wheel than most in the same size on 17" wheels but if anything it makes it more comfortable. I have the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift with shocks and 33x12.5R15 Goodyear Duratracs. You should read up on the Tom Woods fatal drive shaft angles and understand what needs to be done when you start reaching 2.5+ of lift height. For the record, most who run 2.5" kits on 2 doors get more height than the same kit for a 4 door model and more height than the same kit in the spacer offering.

If you put a 2.5 lift on your 2 door you should get at least a front adjustable track bar. Its not much money and its money well spent however its not completely necessary as some don't mind the different handling characteristics of their jeep once lifted to this height. I did so I got both a front and rear track bar by JKS to re center both my axles and upgrade them from the stock OEM ones. Google "Tom Woods Fatal Angle" and read up on the info there. It will help you make a better decision. Here is my 2 door on a TF 2.5 lift and 33s.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 2.5 tf coil lift, 35's on 15's, trimmed pinch seams, a 1310 driveshaft and superchips. My JK is a dd and sees some off road action fairly regularly. It's one of the cheapest ways to build a really capable rig. If you have more money to play with get track bars and control arms.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3548150158.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	231970   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-524617392.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	231971  

Quick Reply: Best lift and rim size