Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best lift out there

Old 02-26-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best lift out there

Looking for the best lift avalible right now with good on road and off road right now I have skyjacker 5 inch and it's as hard as a rock and handles like crap on the street.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:09 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

"best" is so completely subjective and really, asking a question like this is only gonna bring out fanboys telling you how wonderful their brand is. what you need to be asking yourself is how you plan on using your jeep, how big of a tire do you want to run and how much can you afford to spend because, all these things will make a difference in terms of what will give you what you want.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

90 percent street. I'm running 37's right now leaning towards Tera flex short arm or maybe rubicon express
Old 02-26-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can not tell you what the best lift is because that is fully dependent on Shea you want from a lift. I can however tell you that I am not completely satisfied with my rough country setup. It's just a budget boost with spacers and shocks, but it rides harsh, which for me is not a huge deal, but I would prefer something a little softer to soak up the bumps better.

The perfect lift for me would be about 3" with adjustable arms and soft shocks. There are kits out there (a lot of them) that offer most of that, but I am going to end up piecing it together. It's not the most cost effective way to do it, but the only way to kind of "tailor" it to your wants from a lift.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

if you can afford it evo does it right but teraflex does a wonderful job with both street ride and offroad ability. plan to do teraflex myself.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:33 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by bchoate79
90 percent street. I'm running 37's right now leaning towards Tera flex short arm or maybe rubicon express
of the two, i would go with the teraflex kit. i've run their 4" kit and can tell you that, by comparison to other lifts out there, it rides on the firm side. if you do go with it, i would recommend running it with bilstein 5100 shocks instead of their basic 9550 shocks.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:34 PM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+ 1 for EVO Enforcer. Rides great on road and the very little I've seen it offroad I am impressed and looking forward to putting it (and myself) through the paces. You can run 37"s with this lift.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:35 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Crush jk83
if you can afford it evo does it right but teraflex does a wonderful job with both street ride and offroad ability. plan to do teraflex myself.
the evo coil double D long arm and coil over kit is really hard to beat in terms of ride quality but, it is very pricey. their enforcer kit is a great option too if you're looking for a nice soft comfortable ride. of all the kits i've installed and tested, the enforcer is the softest ride around.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

The evo kits a little pricey for me just wondering if there's any thing as good or better than the Tera flex for around the same price range evo with coils is like five grand wife would kill me
Old 02-26-2012, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

wayoflife when can we expect to hear reviews on that new EVO lift your putting on the RubiCat?

Quick Reply: Best lift out there