Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best lift kit that fits 35s

Old 02-16-2008, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swampdonkey
I plan on running the 2.5 TF budget boost HD (heavy duty) version to fit 35's

I installed this kit on my Dad's JK. It's a really good kit. I have only one complaint, and that's that the rear is slightly higher than the front. I guess it beats the front being higher than the back though.

I installed the Teraflex 3" kit on my own JK, and it was just as easy to install, and all the parts seemed high quality. I installed a Full Traction 3" kit on my TJ a few years back, and the Teraflex kit is just WAY better IMO. No drilling for the bumpstop extensions, everything just bolts on. The 3" DID however give me about 4.5" of lift, and even with the 35's, I still have a lot of room in the wheel wells. Kinda makes me wish I had saved a few bucks, and went with the 2.5".

I think the 2.5" kit looks great with 35's. Not too high, not too squatty. If I had it to do over again.....

Hope you have fun with whatever you choose.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zero, did you install the HD kit or just the regular TF budget boost kit? I have not heard of the HD kit sitting higer in the rear.

Originally Posted by zerodown
I installed this kit on my Dad's JK. It's a really good kit. I have only one complaint, and that's that the rear is slightly higher than the front. I guess it beats the front being higher than the back though.

I installed the Teraflex 3" kit on my own JK, and it was just as easy to install, and all the parts seemed high quality. I installed a Full Traction 3" kit on my TJ a few years back, and the Teraflex kit is just WAY better IMO. No drilling for the bumpstop extensions, everything just bolts on. The 3" DID however give me about 4.5" of lift, and even with the 35's, I still have a lot of room in the wheel wells. Kinda makes me wish I had saved a few bucks, and went with the 2.5".

I think the 2.5" kit looks great with 35's. Not too high, not too squatty. If I had it to do over again.....

Hope you have fun with whatever you choose.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:19 AM
JK Newbie

Man so many options keep this post alive. I researched full traction and they said fully bolt-on so I assume no drilling required. Tks.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

bump........
Old 06-04-2008, 10:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Superlift BD!

http://www.superlift.com/suspension/jeep/BD-07-JK.asp

I am ripping off my ShyJacker lift to replace with this 3in lift I have only had my SkyJacker 6 months.

Last edited by Firedog73; 06-04-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Best lift kit that fits 35s