Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Headlights

Old 06-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Pat
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Headlights

I am going to be doing alot of night driving and looking for the best headlights so I can see at night. Mostly highway and country roads. Any advise.

Thanks,
Patrick
2013 jku sport
Old 06-18-2013, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

HID Projectors or JW SPeakers LEDs.

Look them up and decide for yourself. I have HID Projectors in mine and can't say enough about them. They outshine the TruckLite Gen II's by quite a bit, too. TruckLite's are good, too, but weren't what I was looking for.

So bottom line is this:

If you're looking for HID's, then HID Projectors are the way to go. Can be custom built, or a DIY kit.

If you want the Billy Badass of lights, the JW Speaker LEDs are where it's at. Be prepared to pay $700-$800 for them, too, though.

Just for reference....this is my rig w/ HID Projectors.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the delta quad bar lights and 6" kc's on the bumper with 100w bulbs. I can see very well at night lol
Old 06-18-2013, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sirtreysif
I've got the delta quad bar lights and 6" kc's on the bumper with 100w bulbs. I can see very well at night lol
My headlights, coupled with my HID X 7" a-pillars make daylight look dark.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

I recommend ©2012 HID Projectors. I do not have a sent myself (yet), but seen them in action and it is what I am going to do. Plus can you have options on how they look, paint colors, etc.

Since you live in St. Louis (where you do get snow/freezing rain), don't forget about driving in cold weather. To my knowledge, the LED lights do not get hot enough to melt snow/ice off the headlamps which can cause some issues driving. I have seen the JWs in person and they work amazing, but at that time I forgot to ask the guy if he had issues in the snow (living in Colorado)
Old 06-18-2013, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spicoli
I recommend ©2012 HID Projectors. I do not have a sent myself (yet), but seen them in action and it is what I am going to do. Plus can you have options on how they look, paint colors, etc.

Since you live in St. Louis (where you do get snow/freezing rain), don't forget about driving in cold weather. To my knowledge, the LED lights do not get hot enough to melt snow/ice off the headlamps which can cause some issues driving. I have seen the JWs in person and they work amazing, but at that time I forgot to ask the guy if he had issues in the snow (living in Colorado)
Yup.....that's where the pic I posted came from. I'm pretty honored that Tom decided to throw my picture on his front page.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Those lights look great Yellowfin.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any suggestion for the fog lights?
Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nicksabellajk
Any suggestion for the fog lights?
I'm not sure on best but those ruggid d2s that replace stock ones sound good
Old 06-19-2013, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Those lights look great Yellowfin.
Thanks. I really need to hook up the CCFL halos so the entire housing is lit up, rather than just the projector. Just need to take a day to give my rig some TLC. Needs those hooked up, needs my license plate light installed, need to install my PSC tramp stamp, needs a state inspection to make it street legal in TX, needs the diff fluid changed, and need to fix my CB issues, which entails pulling apart the Tuffy overhead console to get to the radio. I really just need to run a whole new coax cable to fix my high SWR readings. One of these weekends.....

OP...sorry for the slight threadjack....

Quick Reply: Best Headlights