Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best extended brake lines?

Old 02-22-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best extended brake lines?

Hey guys. So I'm in the market for the best Stainless Steel, braided, extended brake lines. I just purchased Crown Automotive (not Crown Performance, dont know the difference?)7475 brake lines for my 2012 JKUR but unfortunately they don't fit the front on the 2012. The rear passenger started leaking immediately right below the upper banjo where it meets the braided portion. They seem like crap if you ask me. Now, I heard they make just about every aftermarket line so that scares me. Who is running great brake lines that wont crack, are good for 3-4" lift, and don't leak. They need to fit my 2012. I need them because I'm beefing up my braking to handle my new 37's that are on their way. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2014, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

X2

- sent while my wife wasn't looking
Old 02-22-2014, 02:46 PM
JK Super Freak

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/crown-i...rake-lines.htm

This is what I'm running and have zero issues.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

OP the fronts will work, you just have to run them the old way. I had the same issue and was informed of this by both Dave at Northridge and a rep and Crown. Cant comment on the leaking issue, mine have been fine.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ndawind
OP the fronts will work, you just have to run them the old way. I had the same issue and was informed of this by both Dave at Northridge and a rep and Crown. Cant comment on the leaking issue, mine have been fine.
do you have good pics by any chance? and which lines? Crown Automotive (with the 90 degree banjo up top) or Crown Performance (with the bracket and goes straight down from the frame)?

Quick Reply: Best extended brake lines?